Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Concours14 Trip

His story was very amusing to me. :smile

I remembered having run at high speed on the Chuo expressway by the GPZ900R (A1) about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, that was me. Things got a little slow on this forum so I started posting other places. I find advrider a great place to post pictures. Other software I have a hard time figureing out how to embed a picture.

Yes, it was an exciting trip. Get to take my C14 in to have the rear brake fixed. Sure hope it is under warranty. Heck it's only 3 weeks old and 4200 miles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Warranty

Hello. Tough guy!  Sugoi hito (Japanese). :smile

I think that I become the object of warranty except the articles of consumption.

The guaranteed term of the 1400GTR (my) in Japan is two years.
I hope to become the same guaranteed term as the U.S..

☆my: Malaysian model

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got back from the Kawi dealer. Talked to the service guys and they said this will be covered under warranty. Hey Kawasaki!! We love you!! They even ordered wheel bearings just in case I overheated them. I will have the bike service on monday. Will Also have them look into my vibration concerns. Bike seems to vibrate over 4K RPM. Hope it is something simple!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got back from the Kawi dealer. Talked to the service guys and they said this will be covered under warranty. Hey Kawasaki!! We love you!! They even ordered wheel bearings just in case I overheated them. I will have the bike service on monday. Will Also have them look into my vibration concerns. Bike seems to vibrate over 4K RPM. Hope it is something simple!
Hi Scooter,

We'll all be interested to hear what they find on the vibration issue and the remedy!
Good luck,
Bob

·
Registered
151 Posts
Warranty

I just got back from the Kawi dealer. Talked to the service guys and they said this will be covered under warranty.
It was good will be able to repair the concours14 under the guarantee. :smile

By the way, wasn't there problem in the fuel tank?
Because the fuel tank of the concours14 is similar to the fuel tank of the ZX14…..

I envy the riders in the U.S. that can receive the guarantee of three years.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Breeze

in Germany, kawasaki has extended the waranty to 3 years too if it is bought before end of 2007.
I have ordered mine 1 week ago but forgot to ask if they do it the same way here in luxembourg .. :banghead

I was just that happy having the possibility to order that i forgot nearly everything to ask for.
There was a chance to get it by end of this week ( as was told by the dealer) but it looks like i have to wait another week ..:angry

anyway, i will drive my CB1300 as long as the gtr hasn't arrived, still one of the nicest bikes around! (that's why i keep it, naked bikes rule!!)

regards

marc

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Breeze
in Germany, kawasaki has extended the waranty to 3 years too if it is bought before end of 2007.
marc
What's that for an logic?

If somebody order it now, becomes 3 years of warranty, if next year, than only 2 years... even if they have much more time to solve eventually some new problem found, or to continue to make it so quality...

I was always curious what's the difference between bikes (or cars, computers, printers, anything...) with one, two, or more years of warranty...?? Did they really makes it more quality to can (or wants) giving extended quality, or where's the difference? In production? In quality of parts? Or just in marketing-tricks?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

I can't tell you more than i have read. I think it's just a marketing trick to sell as much GTR's in Germany as possible. For me it doesn't make more sense than for you. 3 Years for everybody should match and not the way they do it in Germany.
It may be that Kawasaki isn't the official seller itself because if you select the german link from kawasaki.com, you get this:

http://kawasaki.com/Leaving/Leaving.aspx?url=http://www.kawasaki.de/

But as i have sai before, I can't tell you why it is like it is ;)

regards

marc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got back from the Kawi dealer. Talked to the service guys and they said this will be covered under warranty. Hey Kawasaki!! We love you!! They even ordered wheel bearings just in case I overheated them.
I'm very interested to hear if the rear caliper was falsely actuated by an ABS solenoid, or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts