Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own both a Harley Iron and just bought a zx6r and one thing I have noticed is when passing by a Harley guy on the Kaw 80% of the time they don't even acknowledge me. Passing by someone on a metric cruiser (honda, kaw, etc) they almost always do...and passing by another sportbike they always do.

Now when riding the Harley I found something interesting...of course the Harley guys passing always give the obligatory wave....BUT so does every guy on a sportbike.

I never thought the guys on the harleys would be like that, I mean I'm not and will stick my hand out for every rider passing by...I mean its nothing big but something I have noticed

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
harleys are for old guys with bad joints. thats why they dont wave. theyr joints are too stiff

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
I almost never wave at anyone anymore. Seriously, I have more important things to be doing than obsessing of who is and isn't going to wave, like focusing on operating the bike safely. I will usually return a wave if it's convenient, they didn't wait till the last second and they aren't on a moped, but I never initiate them anymore. Maybe I should get a Harley...?

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
why worry about tools when you're a tool

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
and what is the proper wave, i point 2 fingers to the ground as a safe omen for"keep two wheels down"

·
Administrator
58,487 Posts
I think Harley owners think there should be only one bike on the road, theirs.
Maybe they think all sportbikers are just young speed freaks. If they only knew that the guy riding the 14 was an old man behind the helmet and he was going to kick their @$$ on the highway.:lol
BTW, I have a Honda cruiser and see the same results as you.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I initiate a wave when it's safe to. Nothin wrong with sayin hey to a fellow biker. I dont usually get one back from your stereotypical, "gruffy" harley rider though. If he wants to be an ass about it, doesn't bug me any. Im still faster, more physically fit, and younger than he is. Probably just envy on his part.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
unless i got a good lean goin i wave at anyone on anything... and ive noticed the same.

·
Registered
692 Posts
When I first got my MotorCycle other riders would wave to me, but mostly Harley type ones wont, whether I wave tat them or not.
I've came to the conclusion that they're jealous ours do much more than theirs and takes more skills.
I've also notice that having a MotorCycle is like a WHOLE new world out there, well more riding it. Otherwise if your in a vechile and come across another rider that you don't know, they will look at you like you don't have one or whatever. I don't know how to explain it.

Edit:
Now if it's something other than a Sport Motorcycle or Harley Type, I will NOT wave, I either shake my head or laugh.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts