Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local rally yesterday in a small town about 40 miles from my house. There were around 3 thousand people there. Lots of Harleys, Quite a few sportbikes. As I walked around and looked at all the busas, I realized that I had the ONLY 12r there. There were around 50 busas. Sure they may be a LITTLE faster, but they are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me and my boyfriend have ran into that as well, we r the only people that seems to have the zx12r's too. No one has them around where we live either. You see busas all over.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The 12R is a great bike, dont ever sell it short. I had mine for 4 years, love and miss it both. And for long trips, I cant think of a better bike!

·
registered member
523 Posts
I got my zx-9 stolen in may of 02, went bike shopping, looked at an r1, and 954, but i got my best deal on a 02 12, plus she looks GREAt!!!!

I did not but her cause she was the baddest MF'r on the planet.. and still is in my book, comfort and raw power

·
Registered
15 Posts
I second that statement

I just got back from a motorcyle event in raleigh/durham area and I would bet a paycheck that every 3rd or 4th bike was a busa!! This event had over 1000 bikes there and with the 12R it felt like i had the "1969 Corvette Stingray." You may see a few but they are rare and you can tell by looking at them the owner still knows it is the sweetest secret in the world.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why I DID NOT GET the ZX12

I've been a Ninja rider for many years, with different models. I owned the original ZX-11 for a few years and that bike was a blast to ride with great looks, and awesome power. For its time it was the best. I was eagerly waiting for the loooooong delayed and talked about ZX-12. When the 1999 Busa came out I was bikeless and got attracted to it by its uniqueness in design, comfort and power, I did not hesitate in getting it. A year or so after when the ZX-12 finally came into the market I was really dissapointed by its looks, design and lack of performance. It lacked what the original ZX-11 had. Now, after owning an RT and a 999, I'm bikeless again and guess what, I'm waiting on the ZX-14. Kawasaki has got it right this time. IMHO opinion the X-14 is NOW the better bike.

·
Registered
604 Posts
waltman said:
I've been a Ninja rider for many years, with different models. I owned the original ZX-11 for a few years and that bike was a blast to ride with great looks, and awesome power. For its time it was the best. I was eagerly waiting for the loooooong delayed and talked about ZX-12. When the 1999 Busa came out I was bikeless and got attracted to it by its uniqueness in design, comfort and power, I did not hesitate in getting it. A year or so after when the ZX-12 finally came into the market I was really dissapointed by its looks, design and lack of performance. It lacked what the original ZX-11 had. Now, after owning an RT and a 999, I'm bikeless again and guess what, I'm waiting on the ZX-14. Kawasaki has got it right this time. IMHO opinion the X-14 is NOW the better bike.
You got that right......the ZX-14R is the best as it get's right now!!! If you dont' like that, DEAL WITH IT!!!!:evil

·
Registered
15 Posts
VOZ said:
which event was this sir?

QT's?
Yeah the QT's!!!!

I had a blast there. We attended a Boxing match (s) and food and dancing on friday and the on Sat. we participated in a charity ride to Lake Wheeler and then a Cookout. Later that night we attended a swimsuit runaway thing and then antoher dance. Oh yeah they also raffled off a zx-14. I had a Blast. We ate at this buffet called Larry's soul food , best eating since I left Virginia

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
waltman said:

Aside from straight line speed, the 12 outperformed the busa in evey test I have read. The bike actually handles quite well. As far as the looks go, do you think the 14 looks good? I have no doubt the 14 will be faster than the 12 and the busa, but it looks like a tank on wheels. TO each his own. Thanks for bashing my new ride:thefinger

·
Registered
199 Posts
No documented head to head top speed race where ANY year busa was faster than a ZX12R.
Just one ringer bike in 99 that a magazine got sucked up with that was faster than a 12R.

BTW: busa's are the ugliest bike know to have ever been produced.

·
registered member
523 Posts
mrnyknicks said:
Yeah the QT's!!!!

I had a blast there. We attended a Boxing match (s) and food and dancing on friday and the on Sat. we participated in a charity ride to Lake Wheeler and then a Cookout. Later that night we attended a swimsuit runaway thing and then antoher dance. Oh yeah they also raffled off a zx-14. I had a Blast. We ate at this buffet called Larry's soul food , best eating since I left Virginia

Sorry for the hijack thread thingy..but...

Yes, i heard there were alot of folks out there.... about 8 bikes were also stolen, that sucked, rumor has it it was one of the clubs that was there!! but it is just a rumor...

AHHHH!!!! ya had Larry's good stuff huh!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damit:

Who said that the busas were a little faster? Search the net and the drag events and from every 10 races of a 12 against a Busa ,the 12 ends up winning 9 of the times(the 10th time, the 12 rider slept off at the lights ,waiting for the Busa)lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually never saw any race comparisons, just going by what I have heard from about everyone. So why does everyone think the butuglybusa is the fastest bike out there?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damit said:
I have no doubt the 14 will be faster than the 12 and the busa, but it looks like a tank on wheels. TO each his own. Thanks for bashing my new ride:thefinger
Ditto! :evil

·
Registered
27 Posts
busa have nothing on the 12

listen when my 12 was stock i was running over the Busa now that i have 240hp find me a busa i wil run him down:thefinger

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I am lucky enough to be 22 and have had a 12 for 2 years now. I am always looking for bigger and better, looked at the 14, and decided that that was definitely bigger, and not a whole ton better. If you like to move quick on something that is ugly, you might as well get a busa....dont get me wrong, kawi tried, but its a tank! Hopefully they will slim it down come a few years down the road. Heard the New busa is supposed to look pretty sharp. I figure once the motor goes on my bike, make it a real zx14 with the 1394? 1392? kit...yeah thats right, a better looking zx14!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks so much better than the Busa

I went to the Susuki Dealer in Okie city ready to buy a new Busa.
when I got there, sitting right out front with the used bikes
was an 05 ZX12R ,it only had 1800 miles on it
Is it just me ? or does the ZX12R just look better ?
looks like it's going 186 MPH sitting still.
Some claim the Busa is faster, but how much does 2/10 of a second
really count.
I have since discovered that the ZX12R was designed with help from wind-tunnel test.
being an aircraft mech I know that this alone is very important
and I'm suprized that Kawasaki is the only manufacturer that does wind-tunnel testing.
any way I wound up buying the 12 and saved about 4 grand off the price of the busa.
and I hav'nt been disapointed.
had a couple of " Opsies" but the bike is designed so well that I recovered from my screw-up without a scratch. so I am truly proud to own this work of art

1 - 20 of 20 Posts