Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Vote for your favorite bike!

• Zed Kable's 1999 P4 ZX-7R

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Subzero's 1993 ZX7 L1

Votes: 12 60.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official October ROTM Voting Thread! <---- VOTE NOW!!!

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Zed Kable 
#1 · (Edited)
The Official October ROTM Voting Thread

This is the voting thread.

The winner of this poll will be placed into the Ride of The Year voting thread which will open December 1st of each year. The ROTY Champion will be awarded a zxforums.com ROTY Champion personalized t-shirt.

I will update the poll as entries are accepted in the entry thread.(click here for entry thread.)

Deadline for entries is 11:59pm (eastern time) on the 15th of the month.

After the deadline has passed, I will edit this thread so that the entries will be contained here in the voting thread to make voting quick and easy.

No entries will be accepted in this thread.

As always, if you have not won the ROTM contest during the current ROTY calender, you are eligible to enter.

Thank you and Good luck to the contestants!

Here they are:

Zed Kable's 1999 P4 ZX-7R

My '99 P4 ZX-7R, for your delectation:

Ok - it may be mostly standard but it has some useful mods:

Fabbri double bubble screen
45t rear Talon sprocket
Home made chain guard
SRAD 600 4 pot brakes (a bit fierce - I now need new discs)
Kit MCCT courtesy of CCMHUNT (cheers)
All Balls fork kits - air gap reduced by 10mm using Shell Advance 5W oil (compression and rebound reduced by 2 clicks otherwise it jacks down)
Front ride height increased by 4mm
Rear ride height increased by 12mm
Front sag 25mm
Rear sag 10mm
Home made 4 degree advancer to compensate for the 4-1 caused flat spot
Stainless 4-1 (unknown brand but very very light)
Float bowl mod + Kleen removed
Reed ports welded in cam cover, tubes tapped and plugged with m8 grub screws
Cam cover painted black - to hide the welding discolouration, oops.
I have also wired a low beam relay in for the upcoming HIDs (uk models don't have one fitted as standard) + the reflectors have been cut to accept H4 bulbs.
Aluminium rubbing strips on the can (because I keep scraping it getting it in and out of my tiny shed)

It was bought for me by my wife (she got a very good deal) for my 50th.

The (very expensive) alarm has been removed and hit with a very big hammer, then stomped to bits (it caused intermittent starting problems)
Clutch switch bypassed
Side stand switch bypassed
Grab rails polished
Netting pillion pad cover - to cover up holes made by a cat that has adopted it for some strange reason - see below
In the last 8000 miles it has got through 3 front & 2 rear tyres, & I have enjoyed every second of ownership (apart from the alarm - see above).....

By the way, animal lovers, I did not stick the insulating tape to the cat....anything that drops on the floor she either rolls in or eats....which was fun when I had a Nitron Shock stripped recently...it took me ages to find all the shims as they got stuck to her. Even now I'm not sure I found all of them, *^%#ing cat (I love it really), which is why that shock is not fitted.

Subzero's 1993 ZX7 L1:

I would like to enter one of my bikes into the ROTM contest!

1993 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7 L1

Fresh paint job on upper, lowers, fender by Artistimo Custom Designs! Outstanding job!!- OEM decals for the Kawasaki on the lowers but the blue squiggles have been painted on now which is better since Kawi originally used decals and they would always crack and discolor due to the heat from the exhaust. Lowers have been cleared over the decals as well to protect them. Upper has the black and the blue decals painted on now which looks awesome.

New Continental tires F&R
Fresh powder coating on the wheels with new bearings, new hub bearings as well (All Balls)
New cush drive for rear wheel
New Pro-Tek swing arm spools
New wave guide style rotors F&R
New SBS brake pads F&R
Galfer SS braided brake lines F&R and hydraulic clutch line also
New Vortex rear 46T 520 sprocket
New Vortex front 16T 520 sprocket
New DID 520 gold chain
Full Muzzy exhaust with new copper exhaust gaskets
Factory Pro jet kit
K&N air filter
Headlight bracket, gauge mount, upper fairing mirror stay & various mounting brackets have fresh gloss black powder coating
New front led turn signals
New windscreen & mounting hardware
New Emgo mirrors
New bar ends
New brake & clutch levers
New grips
New carbon fiber triple tree cover
USB plug for charging phone

[/URL[URL=http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/SubZero-ZX7R/media/1993%20Kawasaki%20Ninja%20ZX7%20L1/IMG_0046_zpsavak3t2v.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/SubZero-ZX7R/media/1993%20Kawasaki%20Ninja%20ZX7%20L1/IMG_0048_zpsxsjn22fm.jpg.html]

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.