Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Official ROTM Entry Thread

** The contest format will be an 11 month ROTM contest. Each monthly winner from January to November will be entered into a final poll in December for everyone to choose their favorite bike for the RIDE OF THE YEAR (ROTY). **

The winner of the ROTY will win a $50 CYCLE GEAR GIFT CARD!!!

-All bikes entered must belong to a ZXFORUMS.com registered member.

-All competitors must have at least 50 posts to enter the competition. We want to ensure prizes and glory go to real members of our forum.

-You must post a picture/pictures that everyone can see. No links!

-We would like to have some info on the bike, including year, model, mods, maybe a little story about the you and the bike.

-If the bike has won a Ride of the Month contest during the current ROTY campaign then you cannot enter that bike again. If you've got a new bike done differently...alright, I'll allow it.

-The entry must be a Kawasaki.

Once the deadline has passed, I will copy the entrant's posts to the voting thread to make voting easier. Also they will be added to the ROTY Voting Thread.

As always, the voting will be done in a separate thread found HERE

GET YOUR BIKES IN - ENTER NOW

·
Registered
281 Posts
ROTM Entry

No special parts, modifications, or customization. Just a stock L model (except for missing lower fairing graphics). I see all of these cool bikes on the forum and I’m amazed at the amount of work and talent that goes into them. Custom paint and bodywork, engine swaps, someone is even doing a fuel injection conversion? Holy crap! I was happy that I was able to figure out why my headlights weren’t working and not have to pay someone to fix it (admittedly with a little help from my forum friends). I learned a long time ago that for someone of my limited mechanical abilities I’m better off leaving my bikes stock. Unless you’re doing track days, stock ZX’s are basically unbreakable and require very little attention. Yet they go like stink, handle well (when the L model came out in ‘93, Scott Russell reportedly said it handled better than his Muzzy prepared ’92), have great suspension and brakes, and are as much fun to ride as any bike you can find. Which is why I think my stock L model deserves to be the ROTM: as a reminder to everyone just how awesome these bikes were right out of the box! That and because every time I step into the garage and see those dual headlights looking at me from beneath that stupid/crazy/in-your-face lime green livery, it brings me back to 1995 and makes me feel 20 years younger.

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
I bought my 99 zx-7r to replace my old
86 gpz600, what a world of difference.

Mods are:
Integrated tail light
K&N air filter
Dynojet jet kit
Float bowl mod
+4 els ignition advancer

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woody and Joy Coyote's ZX-7R's have been added to the poll!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.