Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the voting thread.

The winner of this poll will be placed into the Ride of The Year voting thread which will open December 1st of each year. The ROTY Champion will be awarded a zxforums.com ROTY Champion personalized t-shirt.

I will update the poll as entries are accepted in the entry thread.(click here for entry thread.)

Deadline for entries is 11:59pm (eastern time) on the 15th of the month.

After the deadline has passed, I will edit this thread so that the entries will be contained here in the voting thread to make voting quick and easy.

No entries will be accepted in this thread.

As always, if you have not won the ROTM contest during the current ROTY calender, you are eligible to enter.

Thank you and Good luck to the contestants!

Here they are:

houltmac's 2016 ZX-6R 636 30th Anniversary Edition:

Since no one wants to kick it off:

2016 ZX-6R 636 30th Anniversary Edition
Akrapovic slip-on (pictured with Scorpion until the Akrapovic arrives), Bobbins, Micro LED indicators, Tail tidy, Silver indicator bulbs, Short levers

I'd wanted a ZX since I was a kid. I went into this dealership with my step-dad and stole all their promo material and drooled over it. I went back in after passing my test for the first time in years and the owner recognised me and gave me a hard time over it (how I don't know, I don't look 10 any more). We became friends, and I hang out a lot with his son who also works there now.

I bought my first ZX-6R (599) in 2010. I bought it new and the dealer ordered a green and a white one, not knowing what I'd prefer. I wanted black, so they had to order another (sods law). A year later it was written off with so many miles the Glass' Guide didn't know what it was worth, so I was thankful for the GAP insurance. I used the insurance money to buy the white bike they originally ordered for me.

A year of loving that bike and it also got written off. I desperately wanted the green one (which was still in stock and lowered to a crazy price) but couldn't do it. I had a Mrs and needed something to tour on. I got a VFR800 because it was cheap, then swapped it for a Sprint ST (cheap, carried luggage ) & an old CB919 (a bit of fun on the cheap) and even a Husky TE310. I still missed my Ninja.

A few months ago I got the go ahead from the Mrs for another sports bike. I rode the ZX-10R and the CBR1000RR (which I'd lusted after since I can remember). I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I test rode the 636 and when the Mrs asked how it was, I just smiled and said "amazing". We bought it there and then.

I haven't wiped the smirk off my face since.

2016 ZX-6R 636 30th Anniversary Edition
Akrapovic slip-on (pictured with Scorpion until the Akrapovic arrives), Bobbins, Micro LED indicators, Tail tidy, Silver indicator bulbs, Short levers

I'd wanted a ZX since I was a kid. I went into this dealership with my step-dad and stole all their promo material and drooled over it. I went back in after passing my test for the first time in years and the owner recognised me and gave me a hard time over it (how I don't know, I don't look 10 any more). We became friends, and I hang out a lot with his son who also works there now.

I bought my first ZX-6R (599) in 2010. I bought it new and the dealer ordered a green and a white one, not knowing what I'd prefer. I wanted black, so they had to order another (sods law). A year later it was written off with so many miles the Glass' Guide didn't know what it was worth, so I was thankful for the GAP insurance. I used the insurance money to buy the white bike they originally ordered for me.

A year of loving that bike and it also got written off. I desperately wanted the green one (which was still in stock and lowered to a crazy price) but couldn't do it. I had a Mrs and needed something to tour on. I got a VFR800 because it was cheap, then swapped it for a Sprint ST (cheap, carried luggage ) & an old CB919 (a bit of fun on the cheap) and even a Husky TE310. I still missed my Ninja.

A few months ago I got the go ahead from the Mrs for another sports bike. I rode the ZX-10R and the CBR1000RR (which I'd lusted after since I can remember). I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I test rode the 636 and when the Mrs asked how it was, I just smiled and said "amazing". We bought it there and then.

I haven't wiped the smirk off my face since.

Dunner's 2015 ZX-14R:

Where are all the awesome bikes for this months contest?

My first street bike was a '96 Yamaha YZF600R and it was lots of fun! That lasted about a year but I craved more power so I traded up to the '00 Honda VTR1000F which was a twin, way different and also lots of fun. So I got the itch again, but window shopped and test rode the ZX-14R and totally fell for her. Two years went by until they released the paint scheme I just couldn't say no to, and here we are!

So the first year went very well, my first NEW bike, and it's sitting at 10,850 km's, which for me is a great first year!! Even did my first drag racing session which was a blast at 134 MPH fully stock, can't wait to see what she does now that she's uncorked, man what a difference that makes!

So the mods so far,

Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen
Hindle Black stainless Evolution slip ons and mid pipes
Yoshi fender eliminator with integrated LED
Puig frame sliders
New rubbers Bridgestone Battalax S21 Hypersports

Alright well, hopefully she gets lots of votes! :)

BUNZX14'S 2013 ZX-14R:

Been a Harley rider all my life but always had an itch to ride a sport bike , loved the old zx11 when I 1st seen one , so when I seen this white ZX14R I knew I had to go for it , added risers, lowered the pegs, double bubble screen, im 6'6. had the ecu reflashed bye Cblast and then added a full Brocks exhaust, she put down 212hp and I've been smiling ever since, what an awesome machine.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Yeah right --> 209 views so there should be at least 100 votes at the minimum?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.