Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Official ROTM Entry Thread

** The contest format will be an 11 month ROTM contest. Each monthly winner from January to November will be entered into a final poll in December for everyone to choose their favorite bike for the RIDE OF THE YEAR (ROTY). **

The winner of the ROTY will win a $50 CYCLE GEAR GIFT CARD!!!

-All bikes entered must belong to a ZXFORUMS.com registered member.

-All competitors must have at least 50 posts to enter the competition. We want to ensure prizes and glory go to real members of our forum.

-You must post a picture/pictures that everyone can see. No links!

-We would like to have some info on the bike, including year, model, mods, maybe a little story about the you and the bike.

-If the bike has won a Ride of the Month contest during the current ROTY campaign then you cannot enter that bike again. If you've got a new bike done differently...alright, I'll allow it.

-The entry must be a Kawasaki.

Once the deadline has passed, I will copy the entrant's posts to the voting thread to make voting easier. Also they will be added to the ROTY Voting Thread.

As always, the voting will be done in a separate thread found HERE

GET YOUR BIKES IN - ENTER NOW

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
This is my 1999 zx7r. I bought it to replace my outdated 1985 gpz600. It's been a completely diffrent learning experience with this machine. It's a work in progress but I'll get it done when I'm not having fun riding.

Mods are:
Integrated tail light
K&N air filter
Dynojet jet kit
Float bowl mod
+4 els ignition advancer
M4 exhaust

·
Registered
190 Posts
Really like the new pics woody! With all the votes and entries last month, surely someone else wants to join in and enter :/

·
Registered
281 Posts
What's the red bike? I don't know much about cruisers but I know it's not a Harley because the V angle is too wide. I have owned a couple of V twins though. A Superhawk, and one of these.

Mine was the only one I ever saw. It was a 1982 model and I bought it new in 1986 for $1,400. MSRP was $3,600. No one wanted them and I'm not sure why other than the styling was a little off. It had good power down low, was reasonably fast, handled better than expected, and was super comfortable to tour on two up, which is why I bought it. I kept it for 5 years and put almost 80,000 miles on it. More than any other bike I've owned. That said, I was never excited by it (and apparently neither was anyone else). I tried to sell it and couldn't. Listed it for $500 and never got a call. I ended up selling it to an mc boneyard for $400 and considered myself lucky to get anything.

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
What's the red bike? I don't know much about cruisers but I know it's not a Harley because the V angle is too wide. I have owned a couple of V twins though. A Superhawk, and one of these.

Mine was the only one I ever saw. It was a 1982 model and I bought it new in 1986 for $1,400. MSRP was $3,600. No one wanted them and I'm not sure why other than the styling was a little off. It had good power down low, was reasonably fast, handled better than expected, and was super comfortable to tour on two up, which is why I bought it. I kept it for 5 years and put almost 80,000 miles on it. More than any other bike I've owned. That said, I was never excited by it (and apparently neither was anyone else). I tried to sell it and couldn't. Listed it for $500 and never got a call. I ended up selling it to an mc boneyard for $400 and considered myself lucky to get anything.
It's a vstar

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump for more entries!!!
Only a couple days left!!
Don't tell me we've gone stagnant again after all the excitement last month.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
2006 Zx 14
Bought from a friend at 9,000 miles/ now 22,600.
There was a time i swore i d never ride a bike again, except this was my dream bike and it came available
Yoshi R-55 EXHAUST
PC-5
Stainless Brake and Clutch lines
Carbon fiber hugger

Im not an Attention Slut

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
This is my 1999 zx7r. I bought it to replace my outdated 1985 gpz600. It's been a completely diffrent learning experience with this machine. It's a work in progress but I'll get it done when I'm not having fun riding.

Mods are:
Integrated tail light
K&N air filter
Dynojet jet kit
Float bowl mod
+4 els ignition advancer
M4 exhaust

Nice, ZX 7R was my first SB xxxx metalmechanic9

·
Registered
319 Posts
Phew! Thanks for entering MM9. I thought I was going to have to evict the cat to take new pics and enter again!
May the best 7 win;-)

·
Registered
52 Posts
2015 ZX6R 636

1st bike, still under 1000 miles

M4 GP exhaust
MSM levers
Integrated tail light / fender eliminator
6000k HIDs
Tech Spec snakeskin tank pads
Puig smoked windscreen

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Grate bike codycat but you need to get it in before the 16th and you need 50 posts.
Enter it next month!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.