Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry for my english i speak french. :)

Today i just want to know your opinions about new sport bikes. I think since 2005 the sport bike are more ugly each year. (Sorry for the new sport bike owner is just an opinion) :smile

Look at the GSXR or the zx-10 2012. WTF???? One of these day the sport bike will be so light i think they will fly.

Look at the 1999 900rr, 2003 ZX-7R, 2004 R1, cbr1000 Repsol. These bike have soul. The new bike are only 180hp metal pieces with wheels.

Ok you turn, any opignion? :)

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
They are supposed to be light, they are aimed at pure performance. If you don't like it, dont buy supersports.

And that is the key. Super sport. You are not looking at sport bikes, you are looking at SS bikes.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
If my wife ever stops putting out, I am going to do this bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah man, I ride super sport since 7 years. It is just my opignion and i just want other opinions from super sport or sport biker about the look. :)

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If its purely about the look then what does it matter? Go buy the one you like to look at. You obviously aren't in it for the performance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
tabernac!! hey frenchguy-if you come to kelowna you can buy my old zx9 then [its a real beauty??] no? i agree-the insectivorite blocky buzzy bee cad soulless look of new bikes have turned me off of buying anything from 05 onwards -but hey im also a cheap bastard so there you go-hey !! how are the habs doin? gonna make the playoffs ?? anyway-heres my bike..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hahaha. Hi Zokal. Yeah your bike is a real beauty man. No joke. I had a Red 2000 ZX-9R before. A nice bike with great power, but unfortunately someone stealed my kawa. I love this big mouth in the front of the bike.

"insectivorite blocky buzzy bee cad soulless look" hahahahahaha.I agree with you.

Nah, the habs are at the end with the Oilers.lol. Its not a great season for them. But wtf with the Canucks? They will win the Stanley cup maybe. What a team!

See ya my bro.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
couldn't agree more, the only newer sport bike that i think is sexy is the cbr1000RR... looks like an eagle or a hawk ready to strike!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes they are getting worse every year and for people talking about performance yes they are more advanced but most riders will not notice/use the difference. Even most people tracking their bikes cant push a 600 to its limits. I love the hayabusa as well but its 08+ is ugly as hell, my favorite bike is prolly a 01-03 gsxr1000/600 for looks. Favorite bike ive.owned so far is my 98 katana 600, needed more power but everything else was great, fairly agile, very comfy, amazing sound(better than my zx7), just an overal fun bike that looked fairly attractive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
152 Posts
No doubt the new sport or supersport or whatever you want to call these bikes are the most high performance, badazzed things you can buy without wings. They are lighter, more powerful, and quicker than ever but you are right, they are just plain fugly.

I was in the showroom just the other day and thought I had walked on to the vehicle lot for the next Power Rangers or BeetleBorg movie. All the new bikes are starting to look so similar. Unless you sleep with new bike books you would be hard pressed to tell one bike from another with a passing glance at 50 yards. Everything seems to be about angles. There are hardly any curves anymore.

I prefer the older styles too but if some one were to gift me a new ZX-14R, I wouldn't turn it down.:smile

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for my english i speak french. :)

Today i just want to know your opinions about new sport bikes. I think since 2005 the sport bike are more ugly each year. (Sorry for the new sport bike owner is just an opinion) :smile

Look at the GSXR or the zx-10 2012. WTF???? One of these day the sport bike will be so light i think they will fly.

Look at the 1999 900rr, 2003 ZX-7R, 2004 R1, cbr1000 Repsol. These bike have soul. The new bike are only 180hp metal pieces with wheels.

Ok you turn, any opinion? :)
I agree with you. I think the heyday for sportbike styling was the early to mid 90's.

Although the 2005/2006 636 is a masterpiece.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Agreed. Im still 20-something so I think the hay-day of SS styling was the late 1990's - early 2000's. The ZX-12, Honda 929/954, 04/05 GSXR. But this new breed since 2010 is easy on the eyes to me too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My personal favorites in the looks department are the 05-08 Ducati's, and the newer MV Agusta F3's and F4's. Absolute rolling artwork.

The new Kawi's, like my 2011 ZX10R IMO look great in the front, but the rear seat mast just isn't "masculine" looking. It looks kind of botched. I'm wanting to get Marchesini black & green wheels to even out the looks and weight as well.

The KTM RC8R is absolutely SICK looking,and I love how its tail-mast is angled.

I originally was going for the KTM over my Kawi, but decided on the Kawi for reliability and parts costs alone. Both have equal horsepower, and performance IMO. (and the ratings from all of the pro's actually favor the Kawi over the KTM. )

I do miss my 06' CBR600RR in the looks department... damn did that thing look good. But, as soon as I twist the throttle on my ZX10R, I forget about that thing very quickly. :cheers

·
Registered
517 Posts
I ride an older bike, '94 ZX11, and I love its look, but I really like the new ZX14. I think you'd have to admit some years of the older bikes just didn't quite cut it in the looks department. I don't really care for the tail pipes on the new ZX14 but if you want to give one away, I think I could get used to them. I like to keep a bike looking close to stock.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The new Kawi's, like my 2011 ZX10R IMO look great in the front, but the rear seat mast just isn't "masculine" looking. It looks kind of botched.

The KTM RC8R is absolutely SICK looking,and I love how its tail-mast is angled.
I think this is part of the problem. The back ends look very waspish and the plate holder stalks they have look like stingers. Some people are allergic to insect stings.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have to agree. I like the new zx10's but I think the older 04 to 08 models look better. One reason I got my 07 vs the new bikes. I like that they are lighter by the way.

But, I also think that the early 90 to 2000 models are ugly as well. I like see pics of the old school 7's but I would never own one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts