Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my first bike this weekend and I love it. Its a 2006 ZX-6R Ninja Special Edition. Im trying to post pics but its not allowing me. Anyone help me out?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi KawiRider, and :welcome to ZXforums.com!!!! Glad to have another memeber join!!! Well to answer your question click here and you can share your piture's for free http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179 , and let's see that Special Edition ZX-6R of your's!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those are the vortex sliders, they require cutting the left fairing, and that's it. You remove the motor mount bolts (one at a time - goes without saying) and the kit comes with new bolts that fit directly in and hold my sliders on. They're not as pimp-ass as the LSL crash pads for the 636, but the extra $$$ in my pocket is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
zx_rider said:
Well SV996R, that would be a long and difficult list to come up with....but if you have time go for it....

Acually i checked the other day and my red-line IS at 15.5K.....i could have sworn that it was 14.5K......but that's ok, oh and the REV-limiter kick's in about 13.5K, trust me i tried it, hehe!!!!! Also i found a road by my aunt's house yesterday, very straight and clean.......my imagination took over and i was ready to see how fast i can get my ZX-6R up to........well the number was pretty high for a first run ever on a bike for me.......yep 150mph......not too bad, a very, very heart sinking exprience!!!! Also only have 710 miles' on her as of today!!!
I didn't realize your bike was so new too. I hit 127 the other day outrunning my buddys Supra (I have about 450 miles on her - since the beginning of Feb.). Other than that run, I've been pretty good on break in, i was really good for the first 200 miles or so.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Well my ZX-6R is a 2005. The reason for such low milage is cuz, i picked her up Thanksgiving weekend. So late November i had her at my house with 0 miles!!! I rode a little over the winter trying to get to know the bike a little, it was very hard since we had a pretty nice and cold winter this year. But my first couple time that i went out taught me a whole bunch like when the rear wheel locks up on ice!, when you hit a high groove in the road and there's snow everywhere and you try to get you front tire on over the groove but the rear doesnt' wana go so you loose your balance and the bike start's to fall one way or the other!!! But i'm getting pretty comfortable with her now....730 miles as of today!!! I'm probably going to do an oil change on here tommarow!!! So that's why i have low milage on her!!!

As far as break-in goes, i've been riding her very slowly and gently on the throttle until these last 100 miles......it's just so tempting!!!!:evil

·
Registered
3 Posts
zx_rider said:
Hi KawiRider, and :welcome to ZXforums.com!!!! Glad to have another memeber join!!! Well to answer your question click here and you can share your piture's for free http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179 , and let's see that Special Edition ZX-6R of your's!!!!!
Thanks zx-rider!!! I tried it here at work but they filtered it so Ill have to post the pics when Im at home tonight. So Ive got about 200 miles on my bike and I havent once taken it above 8,000 per the guys at the bike shop. Kawasaki suggest that you dont go above 4,000 for the first 500 miles but I just dont see that as realistic. What I have been doing is alot of stop and go and going through the gears, Ive been told thats the best way to do it. Yesterday I popped up the front wheel on accident when I pulled the clutch in and throttled into the next gear change, was pretty scary but fun at the same time...lol

This bike has alot of power for a 600 and handles incredibly. Its the first bike Ive owned but not the first one Ive ridden. Anyhow...sorry to thread jack.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's all good, no hi-jack!!! It's just hard to get a good conversation going with not too many people being on this forum......so anything you say is great!!! About the whole "Break-in" thing......i also thought that it was kinda rediculas(sp), i mean 6th gear at 50mph IS 5,000RPM!!! So if you follow what Kawasaki's telling you then that mean's you can't even get on a highway!!!!! I live right by a highway and the speed limit is 55mph, and then goes to 60mph.....i'll get the bike up to 65mph and i could care less on what Kawasaki's telling me!!! My ZX-6R is my first bike i've ever ride'n and owned so my opinion on the whole this is that they tell you to keep it cool for a while until you get to know the bike a little better!!! And that's what i've been doing, the first 600 mile's on my bike i haven't taken her over 6,500RPM and she's fine, know i feel ready to run the piss out of her....hehe!!! But yes right know i have 730 mile's on her and when you shift the gear's they feel softer, not too much of the clicking sound, they just go right in without any force.....the rest is up to you!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
i got 4500 miles on my 05 zx 6r the tickin goes away after about 1000 miles ..remember the power band is around 9k rpm thats when the fun begin so rev it high .....i didnt follow the manual for brakin in but i took my time to get used to my baby .....get a slip on and power commander usbIII map it out your good to go...

·
Registered
43 Posts
SV996R said:
Can anyone put together a list of what the mechanical changes are for the ZX6R for 2005 versus 2006 model?

mechanical changes are
-new cylinder head with wider distance between valves for better breathing and combustion
-reshaped pistons w/low friction skirt profile
-03 race cams
-38mm throttle with oval subbodies to increas airflow
-duel fuel injectors
-chassi is 13mm shorter between swingarmpivot and head
-longer swing arm
-10mm shorter wheel base
different forks and a rr slipper clutch.

...i dont know i'll believe it when i see it

·
Registered
1 Posts
slim1100 said:
Wish I was small enough to fit on one
:banghead near on 200 pound and 6'2":rant I have a gripe with them...... making all new bikes so flamin small
sux gives me the:potty
A friend of mine is 6' and about 330...I let him ride my ZX6R around all the time. It still has plenty of power for him to shit his pants every now and then. If you really wanted to you could fit on one. lol :cool :wink

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Can't fit a 6.

At 6'6" and 225lbs I still make my 10R disappear under me.

You "shorter" guys have all the luck when it comes to sportbike design. It's like they're tailored for anyone under 5'10"

On the plus side... I can rest my elbows on my knees on long rides. LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
tdr124 said:
SV996R said:
Can anyone put together a list of what the mechanical changes are for the ZX6R for 2005 versus 2006 model?

mechanical changes are
-new cylinder head with wider distance between valves for better breathing and combustion
-reshaped pistons w/low friction skirt profile
-03 race cams
-38mm throttle with oval subbodies to increas airflow
-duel fuel injectors
-chassi is 13mm shorter between swingarmpivot and head
-longer swing arm
-10mm shorter wheel base
different forks and a rr slipper clutch.

...i dont know i'll believe it when i see it

I talked to a couple shops and both agreed that all the above changes were done to the 05 ZX6R 636 model. They also stated that minor tweaking was all that was done for 06 ZX6R 636.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts