Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Id kill for a 10....but my yearly insurance bill would pay off half of it haha.
You might be surprised. I had my 05 636, 06 ZX10R, and my 06 ZX14 all at the same time. My insurance was 42 a month for the 636... 48 for my 10... and 48 for my 14. So only 6 bucks a month difference!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some may call me an idiot for this, but Kawi doesnt require insurance to purchase, (at least I know thats true for FL), mainly because I dont have any. I just purchased the GAP insurance from the dealer, because 9 times out of 10 when you wreck, chances are theyre gonna be totalled. Just something to think about anyway.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some may call me an idiot for this, but Kawi doesnt require insurance to purchase, (at least I know thats true for FL), mainly because I dont have any. I just purchased the GAP insurance from the dealer, because 9 times out of 10 when you wreck, chances are theyre gonna be totalled. Just something to think about anyway.
In CT you can't take the bike off the lot without insurance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know this sounds idiotic, but in Cali we don't even need a license to buy the bike. A permit is enough.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You might be surprised. I had my 05 636, 06 ZX10R, and my 06 ZX14 all at the same time. My insurance was 42 a month for the 636... 48 for my 10... and 48 for my 14. So only 6 bucks a month difference!!!!
Try a $2,000.00 difference for myself. And thats on top of a $1600.00 for my 636 :banghead

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
14,575 or 1457? Anyways im 23 and i pay $598 a year for full coverage on my 06 zx 10r with state farm.

·
Registered
92 Posts
$42 a month!:scared holly shit thats cheap, Here in bc pay $1175 for 6 months and thats just fire/theft and liability...god damn ICBC:banghead

·
Registered
72 Posts
After I posted on here I got to thinking, GAP insurance from the dealer only covers what the insurance doesnt pic up. Therefore, GAP insurance is worthless without regular insurance.:banghead So I checked with StateFarm here in sunny FL, and if I wait until Im 25, it will be 50 bucks a month as apposed to 250 a month that I would pay now at 24 yrs old. Just thought Id point out my own retardation there.:angry

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know this sounds idiotic, but in Cali we don't even need a license to buy the bike. A permit is enough.
In WA, all you need is the money to walk away with the bike, dealer doesn't check anything.... Maybe that's one of the nice things about WA....

·
Registered
117 Posts
DAMN.. I see some of you guys paying big premiums. I pay 40 a month full coverage with statefarm. And i'm in Atlanta
Not to mention i had 2 claims that total out both of my bikes back in 01 and 02. My insurance was cheap as hell when i was 20. I couldnt even believe the sh** back then.

·
Registered
366 Posts
So the State Farm secret is out? I pay $275 for 6 months, and thats with one point on my record.

·
Registered
196 Posts
that is with the Kawasaki credit card through HSBC not a good idea to not have insurance on it, shit happens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.