Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always loved the looks of the ZX-7R and
finally bought a '98 about a month ago.

There's a couple of cracks in the fairing and it could really use some plastic welding and a repaint. Will try to give it some love during the winter months.

But it's a gorgeous bike and of course I had to take som photos of it despite the scratches.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
205 Posts
Always loved the looks of the ZX-7R and
finally bought a '98 about a month ago.

There's a couple of cracks in the fairing and it could really use some plastic welding and a repaint. Will try to give it some love during the winter months.

But it's a gorgeous bike and of course I had to take som photos of it despite the scratches.

View attachment 20438

View attachment 20439

View attachment 20441 View attachment 20443
View attachment 20444
That's a super clean 7R! Everything stock/factory on it?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
That's a super clean 7R! Everything stock/factory on it?
That's either an Arrow or Two Brothers full exhaust. It's also jetted. Maybe it'll have some goodies under the tank.

Reactions: TheUX31EGuy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually I´m not sure about the exhaust, thought it was just a slip-on but might have to investigate that. Is there an easy way to see if the headers are stock or not?

Someone has cut of the rear plastic mudguard, but otherwise it´s a stock bike with only 34000km´s on the clock.
Paid 1700$ for it so I´m a happy guy :)

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
I had one of my 1993 L models in a friend’s warehouse today and I thought this was a great opportunity to get a good picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Actually I´m not sure about the exhaust, thought it was just a slip-on but might have to investigate that. Is there an easy way to see if the headers are stock or not?

Someone has cut of the rear plastic mudguard, but otherwise it´s a stock bike with only 34000km´s on the clock.
Paid 1700$ for it so I´m a happy guy :)

View attachment 20455

View attachment 20456
Arrow exhaust. YAY! I'm interested in the headers as well. They're going to be aftermarket since the end can is a slip-on as opposed to a bolt-on (bolts right on to the stock exhaust)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I had one of my 1993 L models in a friend’s warehouse today and I thought this was a great opportunity to get a good picture.

That's a gem. What's the story on it? I thought that the wine red also had a black frame + SA.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
That's a gem. What's the story on it? I thought that the wine red also had a black frame + SA.
Thanks. This one was a true barn find that was in horrible shape. I tore down to absolutely nothing and rebuilt it. Previous owner was using it as a track day bike and beat the snot out of it. Whoever owned it before him showed pride of ownership. They had polished everything and made it a very beautiful bike. But as I said, the previous owner wasn’t so caring. They let the care and maintenance go and it was actually in the corner of a barn and leaned up against the wall when I bought it. I found all original bodywork and had it painted to the original color. I re-polished the frame and replaced or repaired everything as necessary. I had the rims powder coated black and I did a few other things to bring it up to my standards.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Thanks. This one was a true barn find that was in horrible shape. I tore down to absolutely nothing and rebuilt it. Previous owner was using it as a track day bike and beat the snot out of it. Whoever owned it before him showed pride of ownership. They had polished everything and made it a very beautiful bike. But as I said, the previous owner wasn’t so caring. They let the care and maintenance go and it was actually in the corner of a barn and leaned up against the wall when I bought it. I found all original bodywork and had it painted to the original color. I re-polished the frame and replaced or repaired everything as necessary. I had the rims powder coated black and I did a few other things to bring it up to my standards.

I noticed the wheels are black, but the frame and SA weren't. That's what peaked my interest. Stock exhaust or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
I noticed the wheels are black, but the frame and SA weren't. That's what peaked my interest. Stock exhaust or aftermarket?
Muzzy exhaust

281 - 295 of 295 Posts