Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all love Kawi's. However, when the next gen Busa comes out, I'm seriously thinking going that route. Anybody heard anything on it? I read a lot of rumors and no solid info. People are saying its going to be 200 HP straight from the showroom. The looks of the ZX14 haven't grown on me yet. I used to think the Busa was weird looking, but now I like it. Anybody else considering the next gen Busa?
T

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, actually you are not alone. The new Busa will be more nimble than either the ZX14 or the old Busa. Horsies are supposed to total at 198 at the crank, so what's that, 170 RWHP??? Also depends which dyno you're using, and if you are a moto-magazine sucking up to all the manufacturers for freebies and favors (read bikes & more bikes).

So yeah, I'm definitely with you. I've had a long, on-going flirt with the ZX14, but I'm not really that attracted to her any more. That new 2008 Busa, with the bulletproof Suzuki engine, dual cooling fans for the radiator, 15,000 mile tune-up intervals (valve adjustments), etc., etc. has captured my interest for sure.

But if the mighty Kawasaki is paying attention, there should be a comparable ZX14 for 2008, at least with dual cooling fans, 15,000 tune-up intervals, more nimble handling (without affecting high-speed stability), and all the other modern tweaks the new Busa is getting!!

I really wanna stay Kawasaki, help!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Saw a pic of the new busa & it still looks fugly to me

I would still pick a 14 if I was up for getting that sort of bike, some of the styling is iffy but it has presence especially from the front & Kawi build quality is now easily far superior to Suzuki.

Anyway the models seem to be on a 2 year cycle so you can be sure the '08 14 will meet the busa challenge in typical Kawi style & beat it hands down :crazyloco

Quite a few people on here thought the Concours/GTR would not be better than the Yam FJR & early test rides show they do most things a sporty touring rider would need far better than Yamaha do. I hope to be up for getting a new big bike in early '09 & the 1400GTR looks a good bet depending on what the ZRX1200 replacement is like :squint

·
Registered
208 Posts
Both bikes look fine, and I prefer the looks of the Kawi actually. But the 2008 Busa is a step or two ahead in performance, handling, engine design and other new techno modern tweaks. I sure hope Kawi meets Suzuki in 2008 with a new & improved ZX14, or this rider is gonna be on a 2008 Busa.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any country, any language, say "hayabusa" and eyes widen. To me that's reason enough to give it the edge over the ZX14.

I actually like the looks of both of them. They're both curvy. The ZX14 in black looks evil in an "alien" sort of way, but I like the colorschemes of the 'busa a little better.

What could kawasaki do to overcome the 'busa's rep?

·
Registered
379 Posts
We all love Kawi's. However, when the next gen Busa comes out, I'm seriously thinking going that route. Anybody heard anything on it? I read a lot of rumors and no solid info. People are saying its going to be 200 HP straight from the showroom. The looks of the ZX14 haven't grown on me yet. I used to think the Busa was weird looking, but now I like it. Anybody else considering the next gen Busa?
T

Man this thing is UUUGGGGLLLLYYYY. That ass looks like a 90 year old womans ass. You need to have a shoval behind to keep it up.

This thing just screams DROP ME So you can customize my looks. EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW it looks bad:scared :scared :scared

·
Registered
60 Posts
personally, i like the zx14 better as far as looks go, but i don't think i would get either one. i don't feel the need to a) go that fast, and b) extend the swingarm, chrome everything, etc., etc. like i see the majority of 'busa's and 14's alike....but different strokes for different folks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts