Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

4761 - 4780 of 5019 Posts

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Damn. Looks like the truck was pulling a big gooseneck. Wonder wtf happened? Story doesn't say really much.

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
I don't know how one loses control of a vehicle running straight down a 2-lane unless the driver was fishing around on the floor for a lit cigarette he dropped or similar stupidity.

I know the cruiser guys ride in closed ranks (too close for safety IMO) but taking out ten bikes that weren't stopped at a red light takes a mighty big fuckup. Didn't look like there was a load on the float, so only inattention or equipment failure could lead to a loss of control. The trucking company supposedly said the driver had "little experience" driving such a rig, but it's not an oceanliner, it's a pickup and trailer, although a pretty big trailer.

My friend who's a hotshot hauler says the trucking industry is being flooded by foreigners who work cheaper than the natives. I told him the current crop of drivers did the same thing to the Teamsters years ago (De-regulation brought about a big drop in the average skill level of semi drivers) and that the next step is autonomous self-driving trucks. Could they be any worse than this?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Hey Woody
Did you hear about the new Mercury 450?

Yes I have. They are also offering the 400 on the new ranger 621 fishing boats next year also.

·
Administrator
58,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,764
can't believe how cool it still is in the mornings
went for a ride up to Hualapai mountain outside of Kingman
about 6500' elevation and 66*
Kind of a cool part of town with the old railway and route 66
151 miles round trip

Attachments

·
Administrator
58,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,765

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
I dunno, from the looks of his driving record it might just be beginning. I understand second chances, but how many second chances should you get? I drive a pickup for a living, regularly pull heavy trailers with it, hundreds of miles a day. If I had even one thing happen even close to any of this jerkoff's I'd be gone, and my family owns the fucking company. WTF were those morons thinking to hire him for this? Do a little vetting people, FFS!

·
Administrator
58,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,767

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts

·
Administrator
58,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,769

·