Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4852 Posts

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Looks like Belize at the end of November for a couple weeks. Doing some exploration and landscape photography and a lot of relaxing... much needed...

·
Administrator
58,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you scuba dive. It has one of the largest reefs but I think it's pretty far out.
Forget the name of the river but it's fresh water and runs into the ocean and mixes with the salt water and gives the water a murky brown color.
We did the river boat tour and kinda cool.
Saw a lot of 92's in the trees swinging around

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Have you been there before?
other than seeing the mayan ruins it's a shit hole.
Not sure why so many celebrities build there
I have not been there before. This is interesting to hear. Shit hole how? We were going to split it up between inland jungle boutique resort to do the inland exploration stuff and then spend the second half on the beaches doing the scuba dive and relaxing on the beach.

I've been to the Mayan Ruins in Mexico which was seemingly more of an amusement park than anything else.

I hope you scuba dive. It has one of the largest reefs but I think it's pretty far out.
Forget the name of the river but it's fresh water and runs into the ocean and mixes with the salt water and gives the water a murky brown color.
We did the river boat tour and kinda cool.
Saw a lot of 92's in the trees swinging around
:lol

·
Administrator
58,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would bet there are some nice areas but we were on a cruise and of course the ports of entry aren't always the best places.
It reminded me of a less "Americanized" small Mexican town unlike Cabo or Puerto Vallarta
I will say the mayan ruins we took a bus to was pretty amazing.
I'll have to try and find some pics

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I would bet there are some nice areas but we were on a cruise and of course the ports of entry aren't always the best places.
It reminded me of a less "Americanized" small Mexican town unlike Cabo or Puerto Vallarta
I will say the mayan ruins we took a bus to was pretty amazing.
I'll have to try and find some pics
Fair enough. The ruins in Belize seem to be a bit less touristy and a bit more impressive than the ones in Mexico.
We're looking to do a bit of an exotic exploration type trip with a hint of beach relaxation :lol
Apparently Belize is one of the best weather places to visit in late November when we were able to get some time off.

From the locations we're looking at staying the landscapes as well as venues look extremely nice. A bit more jungle like rather than tropical like you'd get in Caribbean and mexico since its further down in central america. We thought it might be a nice change of pace.

1 - 20 of 4852 Posts