Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between buying a Hyabusa or ZX14 in a few months. Do any of you know of common problems with the ZX14? Does anyone know of overheating problems with the ZX14? Does the bike support bigger guys good enough? Any tips or sugestions are appreciated. Share your opinion, good or bad!!!! Thanks! Ray

·
Registered
304 Posts
ZX14!!!!!!! This bike, although I haven't ridden one will accomodate anysize rider. I imagine the 14 has more power than you could use, you should ask Buz or Crowdpleaser!! Both owners of the 14 and I have heard NOTHING but GOOD scratch that GREAT things about the 14.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i hear the busa is coming out with a new model next year you might want to wait a little before you make your decision i heard its going to be a 1500cc. i dont know how true this really is but ive heard it from a few people.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i like the 14 but its too new and not fully proven. there are rumors of heating issues in traffic. wait till the new busa comes out then ya might find better deals on 14s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im 6 ft and 290 lb, the zx14 pulls like a mule, even the one time I had my girlfriend on it it did great! Mine doesnt run hot, and its hot as hell here right now, 92-98 daily, the fan will run but no overheating issues. Maybe if you sat in traffic a long time, but everything heats up then, just read the goldwing forum and others.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 14 rocks!!! 6 years of waiting for Kaw to to produce this bike was well worth it. One of the shops up here has one on sale for 12,100 can. Thats a wicked deal considering I payed 14,000 for mine in the spring. As soon as the one I have now is payed for, I'm buying another one for the street and building this one to the nuts for the 1/4 mile. My wife enjoys riding on it, its good on long rides, it handles great and makes awesome power [ but it could always use more ] Hopefully next spring will be turbo time!

·
Registered
66 Posts
zx10rryder06 said:
i hear the busa is coming out with a new model next year you might want to wait a little before you make your decision i heard its going to be a 1500cc. i dont know how true this really is but ive heard it from a few people.
there has been a 1400cc busa for sale in japan since '02. will it ever come stateside? who knows. i know there will be a redesign for '07 dont know about 1500cc. i have ridden both. the kawa is comfortable for all day rides and corners well. the busa makes great power,corners well and is ok for long rides, as long as your butt can stand the seat. both bikes really are not built for kneedragging. my preference would be the kawa. :crazyloco

·
Registered
6 Posts
mook9304 said:
I am trying to decide between buying a Hyabusa or ZX14 in a few months. Do any of you know of common problems with the ZX14? Does anyone know of overheating problems with the ZX14? Does the bike support bigger guys good enough? Any tips or sugestions are appreciated. Share your opinion, good or bad!!!! Thanks! Ray
Went through the same thought process for awhile and ended up buying a ZX14. I am 6ft 2 and weigh 200lbs. Got 700 miles on it now and am very happy, the bike is quick, comfortable and gets lots of looks. I live in Baton Rouge and although the gauge will rise at a light etc it has never overheated and as soon as you start moving again it drops down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts