Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am approaching the end of life for my tires on my 98 ZX6R, what tires (front & rear) should i get? i am just learning to ride, so i do not need anything that is super sticky. right now i'm looking for the best for the buck. also, who has the best deals on tires?

thanks in advance!
:pint

·
Registered
62 Posts
i already asked this question about a week ago...look for the thread called sticky icky icky.......Dunlop Quali's or Bstone powers either one ...hella sticky..d.quals i found rears for 139.99..

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'd go with michelin man. pilot powers are great tires. night and day to me compared to the stock battle axes that came on my bike stock. what is your riding style? if you're a canyon carver i'd say go with high quality like pilot power, diablo corsa, m3s, etc. there are a few to choose from. it really depends on you bro!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input. i am a beginner rider and purchased the pirelli stradas. once i become a bit more experienced, i'll get the performance sticky tires.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can't beat Pirelli or Metzlers for the street. Even for track days they rock. If you absolutley have to have that last tenth of a second nothing beats the Pilot Powers...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got Pirelli Diablo tires on mine. You need to warm them up for a bit before you start taking hard turn but once you do, they rock!:crazyloco

·
Registered
39 Posts
TheElectricJesus said:
I just got Pirelli Diablo tires on mine. You need to warm them up for a bit before you start taking hard turn but once you do, they rock!:crazyloco

+1 on the Pirelli Diablo's. Alread got em, they are just waiting to be mounted. Did my homework before I got them so I know what to expect. Excellent tires!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i would go with the metzlers first since i know ppl on the track who love those things and praise them if its out of your price range.. for a few dollars less i would go with the pilot powers...and thats bout it...!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've ridden on BT's, dunlops, and just switched over to Mich. Pilot Powers as everyone was swearing by them.

Wow, do they hook up, and quick. Don't have many miles on them, and the cold pavement (winter) is fast approaching. Yet these tires still grab and pull.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Pilot powers rule ..... going back to them as soon as I've shagged these ones (dunlop) coz they sux

1 - 13 of 13 Posts