Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Now I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Undertail exhausts put weight up high. In terms of handling top heavy bikes aren't as good :dunno

I think only the R1 and a couple Ducati's are the only bikes that still do that?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wish they would bring back the under tail exhaust.
+1

Is it just me or does that exhaust seem to hang low?
I like this bike but that exhaust and the dented tank are turnoffs.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Too much black, MORE GREEN!

·
Registered
9,979 Posts

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I'm still confused as to why they brought back the 636 instead of the 750 if they wanted ressurect something... :headscratch

The 636 is a strange thing, its not a race regulation engine and its not a big enough jump in displacement from the 599 to justify mass production in my opinion. I thought thats why they stopped making them to begin with.

With the 750 there is only the gixxer to compete with for supersport bikes and everyone used to love ZX-7R. On top of that its a nice jump in displacement from the 599 but a good amount less than the 998 to justify mass production. I think more people would opt to buy that over the 636 and those looking for a 600 will still be happy with the ZX6 just as they always have been. :dunno

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I'm still confused as to why they brought back the 636 instead of the 750 if they wanted ressurect something... :headscratch

The 636 is a strange thing, its not a race regulation engine and its not a big enough jump in displacement from the 599 to justify mass production in my opinion. I thought thats why they stopped making them to begin with.

With the 750 there is only the gixxer to compete with for supersport bikes and everyone used to love ZX-7R. On top of that its a nice jump in displacement from the 599 but a good amount less than the 998 to justify mass production. I think more people would opt to buy that over the 636 and those looking for a 600 will still be happy with the ZX6 just as they always have been. :dunno
Most won't race the bike, and its nice to have the extra grunt without having to pay the doubled insurance cost of the 1000

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Most won't race the bike, and its nice to have the extra grunt without having to pay the doubled insurance cost of the 1000
The extra grunt of 36cc isn't all that much more than 599... And that just further proves my point, they should have the 750 for extra grunt without expense of 1000.

I know most wont race the bikes but i just say that because thats why they make 600 or 1000cc supersports, for race regulation engine platforms regardless of what the average person uses them for.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Undertail exhausts put weight up high. In terms of handling top heavy bikes aren't as good :dunno

I think only the R1 and a couple Ducati's are the only bikes that still do that?
But it looks hot, and also the cbr's still do it if Im correct...

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
It should produce slightly more torque, which is where the Triumph 675R would always beat the ZX6 in road tests.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
But it looks hot, and also the cbr's still do it if Im correct...
It also gets hot for the poor passenger sitting there :lol The CBR 600's still use it, but their 1000's do not. Plus honda is still basically using the same platform from 5 years ago :dunno

It should produce slightly more torque, which is where the Triumph 675R would always beat the ZX6 in road tests.
It will produce slightly more torque. The 636's of old only produce 4lb-ft more torque than their 600cc counterparts, so I'm interested to see how much of a jump it makes. The 675 is a sweet bike but also has a different type of engine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting the 636's because they were sweet bikes. I had one for many years and had ample opportunity to compare it to 600cc, sure it is slightly more beefy but in reality its not really not that much when your ripping around at 11k+ RPM. Its what? like 7more hp and 4 more torque? It would feel like the difference of putting an aftermarket exhaust system on a 600cc...

At any rate. I don't think I'd hold out to buy a 636 if there was a good deal on 600 if I was in the market for that approximate engine displacement. Now if I wanted legitimately more power than a 600 but without the expense of a 1L I'd be very interested in 750's.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Will look badass in all black. Not enough to make me eat money on a trade-in though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts