Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I sit at work waiting despreatly to get off work today so i can enjoy my last day of legally riding my bike. you see about a month ago i was out on a trip back from edmonton to fort mcmurray, where i live. Its about a 4 hr drive so all was fine til an hour outside my destination when it started to rain so me being the idiot i am decided to speed up a lil and bet the storm. Next thing I know I see a Shreriff with his lights on coming traveling south as i am traveling north. So I am pulled over and he issuses me with a summons to appear in court, he says he had me radared at 197 in a 100 zone. So my court date is tomorrow and more likely than not I am gonna be loosing my license and probally gettin a pretty hefty fine. so needless to say after work today I am going to spend as much time on the ol 636 as possible. maybe try to snap a couple shots of the bike while its still "legal"

Cheers guys.
Fast is expensive

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ouch! That's probly gonna hurt :angry

They're cracking down everywhere these days it seems. Round here they've just made it law that if you're caught 50 over the limit the charge is "streetracing" and the min. fine is $2,000.00 with a max. of $10,000.00 I don't get it though cuz if you're out in the middle of nowhere and there's no one around cept you & the cop; hows that streetracing :headscratch

Just today there was an article in the paper on a guy getting nailed doing 250 in a 100 zone (that's KM's/hour not MPH) on a "sportbike" at like 2:00 A.M.. Cop car couldn't catch him but their "eye in the sky" did & got video. Talk about being screwed :eek:hno

Hopefully, you'll catch a break somehow - shit happens - you never know.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i'm hoping to talk to the crown before court takes in tomorrow and try and see if i can make a compromise with him. heard of it happening before. heres hoping. any way i went out for a lil fun after work, heres some pics if anyone out there cares.... cheers

·
Registered
683 Posts
you definitely have some nuts! in that last pic the rear is WAY up in the air.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Bring the pictures. It couldn't hurt...

Hehe... Sorry to hear about that. I feel for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That certainly will hurt!!:scared :eek:hno

We will have to hold a moment of silence for your loss.
Did you think about talking to a lawyer? (I know,but it cant hurt to talk to one)

Feeling your pain!

·
Registered
462 Posts
When I first read this I thought you meant MPH and was curious how a radar gun clocked 197 but then I realized theres more to the world than America and MPH. Nice bike though that really hurts. In America it sounds like there a little more lenient than over there. I've had a couple of speeding tickets and am just now having my license suspended. Never had one for 2x the speed limit. Personally, in my own dumbass opinion, I would have booked it. Your already going 200 KPH, what's he going to do? Not that I'm encouraging illegal activities or anything, I'm merely stating that you should avoid confrontation with the police...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the thing is it was another 100 km until the next turn off. and nothing but straight road til than. i was thinkin about runnin but i woulda ran outta fuel befoe anything. oh well. gotta pay to play

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah the thing is it was another 100 km until the next turn off. and nothing but straight road til than. i was thinkin about runnin but i woulda ran outta fuel befoe anything. oh well. gotta pay to play
Man that sucks and i know how you feel. I got arrested last August 8 for doing 182kph in a 120kph zone and they wanted to give me a R15000 ($2100) fine but i went and spoke to the state prosecuter and told him that it was my first offence for speeding and that they cant do that to me.

He then wrote a letter and spoke to the judge who i stood infront of and he gave me a R3000 ($415) fine and no suspension. I was lucky but then they also got the guy on film who tried to run me off the road at that time and they could see i was a little shaken up.

That guy in his car got a R25000 ($3500) fine and a 6 month jail term and a 2 year suspended license for wreckless endangerment and attempted vehicle manslaughter or something like that because he turned infront of mewithout looking and my front wheel almost touched his drivers door.

Then the funny part was that he got naile another fine because he was doing 165kph in the 120 zone.

Good luck and we will hold thumbs for you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so the verdict is in. this time next month i'll be back in the saddle and $1100 in the hole, but its alot less that what i was expecting.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks like lady luck stood by your side on this one.
Steep price for a fine,but like you said you got to pay to play.
Atleast you keep your license,I hate to see whats going to happen to your insurance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nope, the month off will give me some time to a few things i've been puttin off cuz i just want to ride all the time. i'd like to say i am gonna be puttin on some new parts, but the $1100 fine is gonna take up most of my spare cash, oh yeah and i still have another "stunting" fine to pay off by the end of this month too (damn things are $402 a piece). damn this is gonna be one expensive summer. by the end of it all i am gonna be giving the gov't $2076 that should be going into some serious mods. oh well live and learn

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so, this suspension is like a terrible grounding from my parents. the past 2 weeks have been not the nicest but still there have been days where i can hear at least 8 bikes drive by my house and its killin me seein my bike just sittin there out side my window. but i am half way in my sentence now and hopefully 2 weeks from now it will still be nice up here and i'll be able to get a few more days on the bike in.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so just when I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I get a letter in the mail, registered mail, today. Its a letter from the department of giving people bad news that they are loosing their license. and you got it, i am loosing my license again. turns out that the last ticket I paid off last month set me over the limit for demerit points. So I am gettin another month suspension startin the 28th of this month. But the joke is on them. I can still get my license back from the 16th-28th. I am gonna be living on the 636 for about 12 days. ha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts