Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Beast Masters, the Temperature Gauge needle on my bike does not move when the bike is idling for at least 5 minutes.

How much time does it normally take for the Temperature Gauge needle to start moving when the bike is idling?

Thanx!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Very common issue on ZX-11C. And almost always related to a bad ground of the thermostat housing. Run a wire that connect one of the four bolts (that hold thermostat housing) to a "real" ground to the frame (there are a few of them just under the front of the fuel tank). Do this and try your bike again. And do this even if an ohmeter connected to the thermostat housing shows it is correctly grounded...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claude, thank you for your response. You referred to "thermostat housing", I am not sure if I should ground one of the bolts on the cluster gauges? Excuse my ignorance since I am new to bikes, but definitely a DIY guy.

If you could guide me through the steps I would be able to check it.

Thanx!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
As I wrote above, ground one of the bolt on the thermostat housing. You can see it when you remove the plastic cover just RH of the fuel tank. You don't need to go to the cluster. That's the way many C owners solved this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts