Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to take my 9 on our first real cruise together today.. only about a half hour but it was great. I noticed the temp reading comes and goes at times; instead of constantly showing the temp reading I noticed a few times it read "---". Just wondering if that's normal or cause for alarm.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered but I may have overlooked it if so

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Yes asked before, but that's okay

Look for a single blue wire with a metal ring clamp. In the picture it looks like it's a single black wire coming up from underneath, with a slightly blue elbow at its end. You can see it in the image below, barely. It's between and below #1 & #2 carbs. What happens is during routine work, it gets jarred or removed. The ring clamp just needs to be pinched ever so slightly so it can make a good connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look for a single blue wire with a metal ring clamp. In the picture it looks like it's a single black wire coming up from underneath, with a slightly blue elbow at its end. You can see it in the image below, barely. It's between and below #1 & #2 carbs. What happens is during routine work, it gets jarred or removed. The ring clamp just needs to be pinched ever so slightly so it can make a good connection.
Awesome.. thx for the insight. I hate asking what I feel are "rookie" questions, but I guess that's better than not knowing.. lol I'm fairly mechanically savvy but never really messed with a bike before I got this beauty. But I won't stop till I learn all I need to know, and maybe a bit more.. hehe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts