1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I had the techspec snakeskins or gripsters. They were good, but not great. Under hard braking, I still slid up into the tank when doing a spirited ride. They are extremely easy to apply. And they are reusable. I installed my set 3 times over a 2 year period. Just follow the directions. They never fell off due to the hot sun. The build quality was perfect. I haven't tried the C-3s. They look a little less aggressive.

Next time it's the stomp grips in clear for me. Installation takes a lot more care. I do not think they are reusable. There are a couple different patterns/aggressiveness to choose from. They have a rep of falling off after time. I think this was an installation issue. The tearing up riding pants is a myth. They are not for riding in shorts...... If you're riding is sport tour pace, I'd go for the techspec product. If for aggressive street riding or track days, I'd go with the stomps. The stomps can be purchased in black also.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I bought the clear stomps. On guy I ride with at the track with had a problem with them fraying the stretch panel on his dainese leathers. I'll have to get pictures of my stomps. took my time and no air bubbles. Doing a track day in 8 days so i'll get to test them then

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
I put the stomp grips on my nine. They really do work. Almost too good. At times I would start to panic that I would not be able to pull my leg off the tank to put my foot down when I stopped:tard
Before I put them on though I was getting a little sore n the nutsack area, if you know what I mean. You could say they saved my balls:lol.
My new bike has some...oops, forgot, not a Kawi:tard

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
I'll see if any other comments come up but I agree. I think the snake skin will be fine for my type of riding.
For the six, right? Or for both bikes?

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
I've only had the snake skins, but really like them. Since there wasn't a ZX11 kit, I bought the generic one and cut to fit. The came out great and do help. They also protect the tank well. I usually wear Carhartt double front jeans which have a rivet on the inner thigh that can scratch the tank if you don't throw on riding pants.

·
HEADBANGER
6,942 Posts
They use the tech specs on all the California Superbike School BMW's and they wear pretty quickly it seems to me.

I went with the stomp grips myself. LOVE 'em..

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I went with this one...... I havent has any issues keeping the sides of the ZX11 tank pretty and free of scratches.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rode my Duc today with the Tech Spec pads on and it was great. I have the S model with monoblock Brembos so it stops hard. My nuts stayed intact during hard stops and the ride was much more enjoyable. Best $50 I've spent. I even re-positioned them only to then move them back to where they were. We will see how long they last. As I said though, I'm only sport touring with my bike.

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Tech Spec grip sheets in. They have some general patterns too.
Bought them from motogenius on ebay. Great guy. He was out of stock on the high fusion and suggested the C3. He even sent me samples. So I ended up with C3.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TechSpec-USA...item1c20c299ce

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Nice for custom cut!!! Here's the C3 pre-cut on my 14. I'd prefer it to cover some of the grills too and looks like you'll have that option. :clap

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the Snake skin on my bike for about 1 yr and a half. It works well but started to slide more. It now has the Stomp Grip. The current Stomp Grip is not as abrasive as the orginal one. The Stomp Grip has more grip but it doesn't draw attention to it.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
i got the tech spec on my 6 like them have noticed sliding here and there. nothing drastic tho.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Clicking "like" ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts