Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think ? I'm so close to my vision

Got tired of seeing my zx7 sit and die... So I started gutting it and am doing a full rebuild, I'm replacing every gasket, cleaning carbs and powder coating some parts.. I just droped off my fairings for paint... I ended up changing my rear tail for a 06 r6 rear tail section.. I am in the process of moving the electronics and some stuff around and cleaning up the subframe.. I will post up some pics within the next week or so... For now here is a teaser...

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
If you need your carbs redone hit me up!!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Such a tease...

Josh

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have since cut off the rear pass pegs, and relocated all electronics under seat so nothing is showing, and am in the process of polishing the subframe..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That looks badass! Haters are going to hate putting any kind of tail on these bikes other than stock, but that looks sweet. Not much different than the current ZX10 with the cropped rear tail... :crazyloco

Josh

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
I also like how that tail looks on it too, similar enough that it still looks 7ish, but different enough to make it look, well... different.

Did it take a bit to fab together, or was it a nice fit?

·
Registered
249 Posts
how did you do that rear swing arm?!?! I want to do that to my bike too!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
how did you do that rear swing arm?!?! I want to do that to my bike too!
Its likely a VFR swingarm, but the details on the net about how to do it are slim to none.

If I could just find a set of drawing with the spacer dimensions.... I would do that swap myself next winter - assuming I don't buy a house.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Bunch of write-ups on Redmonkey... Speedzilla might have some in the archives

Josh

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll take pics of the subframe.. I cut up the very rear of the subframe and relocated the trunk latch.. Still opens with the key.. I can get you the spacer info on the swinger , I wrote it down somewhere.. But it wasn't a big deal and I reused my stock shock.. You just need lowering links cause it lifts up the rear about and inch...I am especially interested how the blue is gonna look with the halogen headlight housing I installed previous...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes and it is a Vfr 750 swinger.. I got it off eBay complete.. If your gonna do it you want it complete.. With all hardware.. Caliper, brake line etc.. Cause u use all Vfr even the Vfr piviot bolt.. The only part that is from the zx is the shock..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Are you to paint the tail to match the rest of the bike?
??? Tail is painted blue like the rest of the fairings... See above at the teaser pics

Josh

1 - 20 of 34 Posts