Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was thinking of going to look at this 93 ZX7 for $2000. Gentleman sent a vid of it running and states it has a "tapping" noise. Said he rebuilt the carbs, compression is good and he rides it daily has 24,000 miles. What could this noise be? And should I avoid this bike?

Thank you to anyone that answers!

Video Link:

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,875 Posts
Was thinking of going to look at this 93 ZX7 for $2000. Gentleman sent a vid of it running and states it has a "tapping" noise. Said he rebuilt the carbs, compression is good and he rides it daily has 24,000 miles. What could this noise be? And should I avoid this bike?

Video Link:
Sounds normal to me

Reactions: ninjanut

·
Registered
1 Posts

Video Link:
Sound very normal to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, there. Go look at the bike and see for yourself. Ask the seller when he or she first began to notice the sound and how many miles did the bike have when they first noticed it. Hard for anyone on the internet in this type of forum to tell you whether it is something ominous since none of us has seen the bike or heard it. Ticking can start happening for a variety of reasons. Is it ticking at idle in neutral or only when riding the bike on the street? That tells you whether it may involve the drive train and not merely the engine. Valve train noise is common in some motorcycles due to many issues that are more annoyances than anything ominous. You might also want to run some Google searches with various word combinations to see if any videos are out there showing the bike model you are considering with ticking noises, or maybe there are forum posts in other motorcycle model forums where this has been discussed. Including this forum in other threads.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,875 Posts

Video Link:
Did you get it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts