Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these on...they didn't turn out too bad I guess...

notice how the painted fairings look different colors, my paint guy didn't match it perfect I guess, but in normal light and sunlight, you can't really tell...but with a flash , it looks like crap...

·
Registered
462 Posts
The only reason to worry about that sprocket cover not being there is if you ride it in "street clothes" that can get caught in it. As long as you wear full gear (i.e.: LEATHERS and BOOTS!) you have nothing to worry about. It is kinda ridiculous to remove that though seeing as it essentially weighs nothing and protects the insides from grit and grime. The reasons race bikes don't have them is because it makes it easier to change gearing and they have a whole team to work over a bike after and before races so it doen't matter if junk gets in the nonessentials. The bikes obviously intended for track use so this particular individual should know enough to take care of any problems that arise form this "mod" or any others.

Nice bike though I can't say I like that YAMAHA! stripe! What's up with that?! Don't see any ninja green r1's out there!:nana

Other than that (just my personal opinion) great bike! Bet that 10 can kick you in the balls!:rofl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome looking machine dude.

I knew a guy who took the sprocket cover off his Blade race bike. The master link came out and the chain catapulted around the rear sprocket and hit hime on his back. As it was still being driven by the front, when it did go through, it smashed the engine casings... He wreckons, the cover would have saved the casings from the chain...

Worth thinking about.

It does look cool like that though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts