Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:headscratch Hi all,
I've ordered several goodies for my Orange 07 zx6, but i am having trouble deciding on a tank protector. I was maybe thinking of carbon fibre effect as its fairly neutral.
Any suggestions or links would be greatly apreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
:headscratch Hi all,
I've ordered several goodies for my Orange 07 zx6, but i am having trouble deciding on a tank protector. I was maybe thinking of carbon fibre effect as its fairly neutral.
Any suggestions or links would be greatly apreciated.

thanks
Kawasaki do a semi-transparent one but it's generic so just says 'Kawasaki' or 'Ninja' rather than ZX-6R (there's a specific ZX-10R one :banghead ). Being semi-transparent it should suit the orange machine well so I'm considering one of these myself.

BTW - welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
275 Posts
id get a plain black one, simple but would match very nicely

i beleive this is the same material of the clear phone skin i have. Its basically invincible. It just sucks after awhile the adhesive will wear off and the corners peel up

invisibleshield.com is the company. It last like 6 months, also you have to consider taking it in out and of your pocket would put wear on the corners, i dont think it would be a big issue on your tank

·
Registered
532 Posts
Kawasaki do a semi-transparent one but it's generic so just says 'Kawasaki' or 'Ninja' rather than ZX-6R (there's a specific ZX-10R one :banghead ). Being semi-transparent it should suit the orange machine well so I'm considering one of these myself.

BTW - welcome to the forums!
The Semi-Transparent one saying "NINJA" looks great on the ORANGE!!!!!!

Photo is a bit dull, but trust me it looks great!!! even on the GREEN!

YES AND I KNOW THE PLATES LOOK SH** !!!!!!! TOOK THEM OFF SHORTLY AFTERWARDS !!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've got a black one w/reaper design. Kinda cool. One thing when installing. I mounted mine to be flush with the seat. If I had it to do over again I would bring it up about 1" so its closer to the gas lid.

·
Registered
101 Posts
.....but why do they make you put that stop sign sized tag on the back of your bikes...wow that must drive you nuts
It's the same here in the UK. Numbers on the plate must be readable (by person or speed camera) at a set distance. I used to run my bikes with tiny plates but got fed up with the attention from the law.

Agree the bikes like sic together and looks like I'll get the 'Ninja' pad from that shot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The only one i know of available in the UK is the one with Ninja splashed accross in green, i'm sure the one in the pic was different ?.
Bugger!

The one on Kawasaki's website is now a ZX-6R specific one with Ninja in green just like you said. A week or so ago when I last looked they had a generic one on there.

Damn, a rethink's in order :banghead

·
Registered
532 Posts
No, the ones on our bikes is transparent except for the black pieces, that is why the "NINJA" shines through in the colour of the bike. I dont think it is official Kawa, can't remember the name of manufacture. Look around at the local accesories shops and I'm sure you will find the one you like!!!!! There are so many available nowadays!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
No, the ones on our bikes is transparent except for the black pieces, that is why the "NINJA" shines through in the colour of the bike. I dont think it is official Kawa, can't remember the name of manufacture. Look around at the local accesories shops and I'm sure you will find the one you like!!!!! There are so many available nowadays!!!!
It looks like a PROGRIP tank protector . They have nice stuff

·
Registered
234 Posts
It looks like a PROGRIP tank protector . They have nice stuff
I currently run a fark carbon fiber patterned Progrip. It has served me well. I'm going to be swapping it for the Tech Spec USA one that I linked above over this weekend as those just arrived last night.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw a reasonable one on motografix website in orange & black, it would look nice providing the oranges were a good match. ( but i still want that one from S.A . BUGGER!!!!!!!!!

FozzyBoy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts