Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im being stationed down in Mississippi so I'm packing everything, bike included. As my dad and I were tying the bike down to our trailer, he was leaning on the tank and we heard a metallic snap. Now the tank wobbles a bit toward the left, but it doesnt seem like its going to fall off or anything.

Did we snap a bracket?? And does anyone know if they are welded on or could be replaced?? I cant take the tank of right now because Im leaving tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
It's possible. The tank is held down by three bolts, two out where you can see them by the triple tree and one long one that runs through two tabs on the tank and two tabs on a cross member bracket under your seat. You could have broken any one of those tabs, hopefully not the ones on the tank because fixing it would be a PITA. You may have snapped any one of the bolts, but it's not likely. The cross member is also held on by two bolts IIRC, into the frame over the battery. It seems most likely to me that you cracked a weld somewhere, hopefully on the cross member because it's an easy fix.

Regardless, you can see all of these points without removing the tank very easily. You can probably see them by popping off the sail panels (under the tank and seat) and looking in the side. Worst case you have to pop the seat off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts