Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here on the sixth floor of the River Terrace resort, nestled in Gatlinburg, TN., in the heart of the Smokey Mountains. Just wanted to report that this has got to be some of the absolute best riding country in the world. I'm sure most of the know what the Dragon is. If you don't, go to KillBoy.com, and check it out. Along with the dragon, there is hundreds of miles of beautiful, mountaineous, curvy highway in the Smokies. From the Charuhala Skyway, to the Foothills, this place is really an experience that will remain with you for a lifetime.
james

·
Registered
17 Posts
How is the 14 holding up in the corners? I am headed there myself in October. I can't wait to see what this thing can do in some real twistys. What kind of tires are you running and are they holding up? I am worried about sliding too much in the corners. Have a blast and let me know how your trip is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great area for riding and driving. I have gone there with a budy who owns a Z for acouple years in the row and it was a blast. Now that I am a bike owner that is something I also want to try. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Were plannin that trip for early this fall can't hardly wait.:mfclap

·
Registered
35 Posts
Factory Phil best me to it, but even on Killboy right now they are complaining about all the police right now. Seems like even if you are a few miles over they are righting tickets. There were two fatalities there 2 weekends ago and ever since the LEO's are all over the dragon.

Be careful and have the best fun you can

·
Registered
39 Posts
Be careful. I'd head out there in September if I were any of you. It's when I hope to go this year.

I was there last year, and it was fantastic. I'm headed to California this year for several days of fun and relaxation. Can't wait to see how this is going to go! WOO!

anywho.

Watch out for the LEO's, they are thick at the mid to mid late season. The earlier and the later you get there, the better it is.

And he's right, don't focus on just the 11 mile stretch of road. Hit the others! Bring a camera with much film. etc etc etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, believe me the Troopers are OUT. I was there only a week and a half ago, and I saw ELEVEN troopers going up the Dragon, and about the same amount coming down. So, be careful, they are there because they have to be due to the fatalities, and I am sure that they will do their job.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, I am going back in early October, the weekend of the Talladega race...are any of you going to be there??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man the 14 holds up beautifully. I am still running the factory tires right now. They heat up and kind of flake when you corner hard, but I have had not control problems...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will be there from the 2nd of October until the 8th. Probably camping at the Punkin Center about 6 miles North of the Dragon Tail. We have the same bike and I seriously doubt too many white 14s will be there.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yea was lookin to go around Oct, less traffic. We were really only hittin the Dragon down and back then planned to hit several other areas suggested by a veteran of the area. He's made several trips to the parks and surrounding areas and knows it well, think we got some really good rides planned.:crackup Keep those slower white ones out our way if you don't mind!!:rotflmao

·
Registered
32 Posts
i live 20 mins from the start of the dragon its my second home, its great riding here but its gotten crazy the last few months with cops ur almost promised a ticket when u go threw the best time of the go is early mornin or after 6 p.m when the cops leave they are crackin down hard i have had countless number of tickets recently wheich really sux because there is no where else like it but have fun and be carefull

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man that's awesome. I liked it so much there I was almost tempted to look for a job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts