Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida question.

I have the SS Fender Eliminator where it is flush with the underneath tail section. (Pics here if you need to see what I am talking about. . .http://www.zxforums.com/forums/pictures/54558-pics-inside-sixxer-i-promise.html)

Anyways, I heard that they will give you a ticket if it is not in the same location as the factory. I am taking my bike and my buddies bike when we go to Daytona/Ormond Beach, FL later this year and didn't know if this is a problem. Just lmk if you have had any experience yourself or others with this problem. I mean you can read it but didn't know if it was a problem.

I have had no problems what so ever in TN so just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Florida question.

I have the SS Fender Eliminator where it is flush with the underneath tail section. (Pics here if you need to see what I am talking about. . .http://www.zxforums.com/forums/pictures/54558-pics-inside-sixxer-i-promise.html)

Anyways, I heard that they will give you a ticket if it is not in the same location as the factory. I am taking my bike and my buddies bike when we go to Daytona/Ormond Beach, FL later this year and didn't know if this is a problem. Just lmk if you have had any experience yourself or others with this problem. I mean you can read it but didn't know if it was a problem.

Thanks
Check your PM box. I wrote you a rather long message.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
One last tip.
troopers like to hide at the end of a long sweeper. They like to hide at overpasses. Also just as you come over a hill, you might see one. They also hide in the median. You will see an occasional motorcycle cop on an interstate or divided highway. Oh, and if it's rush hour, you won't see a cop anywhere in sight !! If you are riding fast by yourself, try to check behind you occasionally, they like to sneak up on you. :smile

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just read it man. thank you for replying. I am going to try and relocate it for the week. worse case I will zip tie it to the passenger pegs.

·
11,782 Posts
Pretty sure you don't have to worry about it since you aren't a Florida resident and the bike is licensed in TN. HB137 is a Florida law and you are not subject to the hefty fines.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Pretty sure you don't have to worry about it since you aren't a Florida resident and the bike is licensed in TN. HB137 is a Florida law and you are not subject to the hefty fines.
You know you maybe right.
I don't think you are though. IMO tickets are written and the fines are levied on anyone driving in Florida. There are tons of tourists in Florida during the months of October through March. The snowbirds are leaving now, but bike week is next week so there are 10,000 motorcyclists converging on Daytona. Then it's spring break with all the college kids. The cops have to make their ticket quota.

I know this for a fact. You will see many more troopers on the side of the interstate on the way OUT of Florida than on the way INTO Florida. they want to welcome you into the state and spend your money. But when you leave, they want to get every last dime they can squeeze out you before you cross into Georgia. Also, you'll see plenty of Georgia state police on I-75 around Valdosta.

·
Registered
676 Posts
it doesnt matter if youre not a resident. when you enter the state you are subject to their laws. you may get lucky, you may not. i wouldnt take a chance though!

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
it doesnt matter if youre not a resident. when you enter the state you are subject to their laws. you may get lucky, you may not. i wouldnt take a chance though!
That may be true, but cops in a state that makes the bulk of it's income off tourists will take a (ahem) different attitude to an out-of-state motorists than they do with someone native.

When I lived there, cops would yessir and nosir the tourists, but if you had an in-state plate and license, "You in a heap o' trouble, bo"

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Florida question.

Thanks

Dude...........you'll be right near me............let me know when your coming, I can come meet you and take you on some rides!

As for the tag deal, PoPo are pretty strict here, and if given a reason to pull you over, they will..........be careful of where your tag is. Though I've not heard any mention of it has to be in the factory location, it just has to be clearly visible.

Would be curious if anyone else has had bad experiences......

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
One last tip.
troopers like to hide at the end of a long sweeper. They like to hide at overpasses. Also just as you come over a hill, you might see one. They also hide in the median. You will see an occasional motorcycle cop on an interstate or divided highway. Oh, and if it's rush hour, you won't see a cop anywhere in sight !! If you are riding fast by yourself, try to check behind you occasionally, they like to sneak up on you. :smile
Tip - when coming UP to the top of an overpass, slow down to near speedlimit..........the sneaky little bastards like to hide on the "downside" of the overpass..........

All the other stuff clark said, I concur with! :smile

just read it man. thank you for replying. I am going to try and relocate it for the week. worse case I will zip tie it to the passenger pegs.
Not a bad idea, better safe than sorry!

You know you maybe right.
I don't think you are though. IMO tickets are written and the fines are levied on anyone driving in Florida. There are tons of tourists in Florida during the months of October through March. The snowbirds are leaving now, but bike week is next week so there are 10,000 motorcyclists converging on Daytona. Then it's spring break with all the college kids. The cops have to make their ticket quota.

I know this for a fact. You will see many more troopers on the side of the interstate on the way OUT of Florida than on the way INTO Florida. they want to welcome you into the state and spend your money. But when you leave, they want to get every last dime they can squeeze out you before you cross into Georgia. Also, you'll see plenty of Georgia state police on I-75 around Valdosta.
It doesn't matter where your from or if your a resident, the laws in whatever state your in take precedence and if you don't know them.......all the better for the PoPo. Similar laws with concealed carry weapons permits too, my CCWP reciprocates with about 40 states, but, each state has differences in their individual laws and I'm bound to them..........no matter.

and again, I concur with clark...........WATCH YOUR SIX and coming DOWN I-75South, they get really heavy in/around/near Valdosta.........and if you come down I-95, watch it around Brunswick. Another tip, be careful with the tree filled medians, the PoPo LOVE to sit in there and pick you off, they also love using the on/off ramps to pick you off too.:smile (I am very familiar with driving on I-75 and I-95 both.........I go north quite a bit!)

Bingo!

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,269 Posts
I think those said it best, when in a state you are subject to their laws. When I was in high school we drove a legal VW bug across the Cali border. Made it about 200 yards into Cali then received a 2 page ticket for everything wrong with the car in their state.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am relocating it to right by the rear pegs and will just zip tie it, if I can't bend it down....I will make it work. I'll let everyone know when I'm going to Florida though.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude...........you'll be right near me............let me know when your coming, I can come meet you and take you on some rides!

As for the tag deal, PoPo are pretty strict here, and if given a reason to pull you over, they will..........be careful of where your tag is. Though I've not heard any mention of it has to be in the factory location, it just has to be clearly visible.

Would be curious if anyone else has had bad experiences......
May 5 - 11 I think.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tip - when coming UP to the top of an overpass, slow down to near speedlimit..........the sneaky little bastards like to hide on the "downside" of the overpass..........

All the other stuff clark said, I concur with! :smile

Not a bad idea, better safe than sorry!

It doesn't matter where your from or if your a resident, the laws in whatever state your in take precedence and if you don't know them.......all the better for the PoPo. Similar laws with concealed carry weapons permits too, my CCWP reciprocates with about 40 states, but, each state has differences in their individual laws and I'm bound to them..........no matter.

and again, I concur with clark...........WATCH YOUR SIX and coming DOWN I-75South, they get really heavy in/around/near Valdosta.........and if you come down I-95, watch it around Brunswick. Another tip, be careful with the tree filled medians, the PoPo LOVE to sit in there and pick you off, they also love using the on/off ramps to pick you off too.:smile (I am very familiar with driving on I-75 and I-95 both.........I go north quite a bit!)

Bingo!
I know that. Sparks GA got me doing 88 in a 70 last year. Thy were on he over pass.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,269 Posts
I know that. Sparks GA got me doing 88 in a 70 last year. Thy were on he over pass.
They do it everywhere. I alway look over my shoulder when I ride under one. Just out of curiosity of course, for me and my ninja do no wrong.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They do it everywhere. I alway look over my shoulder when I ride under one. Just out of curiosity of course, for me and my ninja do no wrong.
No ones ninja does wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
May 5 - 11 I think.
Keep me posted bro! I'll most certainly do all I can to drop down and meet ya while your in my state. Depending on what kind of time you have, I can map us out a lil ride too! :smile

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keep me posted bro! I'll most certainly do all I can to drop down and meet ya while your in my state. Depending on what kind of time you have, I can map us out a lil ride too! :smile
Chilling at the beach and riding that's it man.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts