·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13 laps to go..... leading by .75 of a second. FIM Superbike race in Italy

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
It would be fantastic to see Kawi finish 2nd this year in WSBK with Sykes aboard. Next year it could really be close. the Ducati will be all new. The new RSV4 Factory is in development and may appear in '13, surely by '14. I hope the V4 config. remains. I love the sound the Aprilia makes. Really sounds like the Desmosedici.

here's a clip from one of austinracing's latest designs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fG3Q6-X8HBY

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
thats a sweet sounding bike right there

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I watched both races and loved seeing the Kawi out front for however long the rear tire lasted. Sykes rode awesome and the 10R didn't disappoint in the power department. The tables may have been turned if Tamburello didn't have the safety chicane in there. The 10R will probably dominate on tracks where it can stretch its legs, like Monza.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm loving this... i've got checa AND sykes on my fantasy team. i'm in, or tied for, first place in all my leagues, AND i'm tied for first in the OVERALL standings currently. sykes needs to get some better tire wear, and he'll be a championship contender this season. otherwise, checa is going to walk off with it again. biaggi is too inconsistent here of late.

i love racing season! haha

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Your forgetting the boyz in green in the other classes two. hope its a good year for kawasaki and their riders.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
News from todays official testing at imola.

Tom Sykes smashes the lap record again with a 1'46.609secs. The only one to go under the 1.47 again.
Bad news is, his team mate Joan Lascorz has had a very serious accident and been airlifted to a spinal hospital with a suspected fractured vertebrae.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea, i heard about that... poor guy. messed up his back BIG time. prolly aint racing anymore this season - that'd be MY guess, at least.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Lets hope the poor guy can walk, let alone race again. He's only just recovered from a serious crash from 2010 that happened right in front of me.

He is one tough guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts