Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas:

I just got rid of my '07 ZX-14 and acquired an '06 ZX-10R (no I didn't put that stupid skull sticker on there, it was on it already, and will soon be replaced with Attack Plastics, lol).

I loved my 14, but I recently decided to put down regular road and canyon riding (cagers are just to damn negligent in their driving habits) and do only track riding (except for the occasional long haul iron butt type rides on my full bagger Hog). I just had one to many close calls and figured the good lord or karma or whatever you call it, was giving me a sign.

And as you can guess, the 14 was a bit of a monster on the track. It was my first track day ever, and it was on a 14; I did nonetheless manage to get both knees down!!! :crazyloco. But the reality is, moving that big bike around all day was quite a workout. And realizing the track had instantly addicted me, I decided to move to a 10.

I'll be posting more in the 10 board, but will still hangout in the 14 board too... because, afterall, the 14 IS the king of the road, amirite amirite?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well good luck on your choice. I would be quite happy to do just track, but there is only ONE track in all of Taiwan (heard of a second nearing completion) and it is a JOKE... For one, the condition is horrid.. potholes etc. everywhere, no good runoffs in case of a down.... Secondly, the length of the track makes my 2 1/2 minute trip to work (Taiwan is great sometimes) look like an Ironbutt Contest... And word is that the new track is not much bigger~ Yup, they race go-karts around the whole track.. 50cc and 125cc scooters too...

not only that, but here.. the mountains are SO close and accessible.. the only worry is typhoon season and the occasional earthquake...

btw. How old is your little one? I have a daughter of 1 1/2... she loves to sit on bikes stationary, but when I revved the engine up, she freaked out (hey - 16k rpm IS scary if ya dunno what it is).. she's fine riding on a scooter though~

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
btw. How old is your little one? I have a daughter of 1 1/2... she loves to sit on bikes stationary, but when I revved the engine up, she freaked out (hey - 16k rpm IS scary if ya dunno what it is).. she's fine riding on a scooter though~
20 months. She loves the sound of the bikes, esp. the Harley. We just took her to the lake yesterday, bouncing around on our boat and she laughed the whole time. I've got a real trooper on my hands... god help me during her teenage years! LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts