Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have to buy a new front fairing for my 1990 zx11c, i was working on my bike and the fairing just cracked and broke where it connects to the side fairing, i dunno really p'ed me off, but since i have to buy a new one, i was woundering, has anyone ever dried swapping a "d" model front fairing and the ram air connection tube to the airbox? would be nice to swap the d model fairing and ram air parts onto my "c" model and have the benafit of the better engineered ram air. also i am kinda ocd and a perfectionist so having the ram air to one side bothers the hell out of me!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well since i have to buy a new front fairing, i think im going to try it since i found a nice reasonably priced fairing online. ill let you guys know if it turns out working out, but please if anyone has any info still feel free to let me know

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Looking at the fiche for your 90-C1 and a 93-D1, only some of the holes are going to line up and the snorkel is a slightly different design, so you will have to do some body work on it and possibly some fabrication.

Why not just have yours fixed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got the fairing in the mail today, ordered the piping from a D model, so i should start taking my fairing off tonight, ill let you guys know soon what kind of differance problems im having

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys, after taking my fairing off and trying to swap the "c" headlight into the "d" fairing, i found that the "d" has about an inch taller opening for the "d" headlight, so in order to do this swap i might have to buy a "d" headlight as well. but before i do that im going to wait for the "d" ram air piping i ordered off ebay to come in the mail to see if i can convert that part first, then ill worry about the rest. can anyone upload some pics of the ram air piping and how it works and is mounted on the "d" bike, some pics with your tank off closeup would work, anyone, id appriciate it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on second thought maybe it would have been better to have bought this fairing, http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/kawiz/ZX11C1990-93.htm, and then cut a whole for a hid projector, but im not sure if that would look right? any thoughts, the whole idea of oing the "d" model swap is because i had to replace it anyways and i wanted to get the benafit of having the dual ram air of the "d" model, but i also did want to do a hid project so now im kinda kicking myself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have both models C and D, they have the same engine but everything else are different, had this idea months ago but standing together both bikes, it is easy to see it won't fit without mods and a lot of them.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
for dual ram air on the d to work you will need a d air box. d air box will not fit under a c fuel tank. d fuel tank will not fit. the airtech body work is ok but there are no holes cut or drilled. you need to cut the headlight and turn signal holes for thet then build mounting tabs. lots of work. i would just find a c upper and be done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts