Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Suzuki Announces Hayabusa 1500
Saturday, April 01, 2006

Suzuki Motors USA announced today the introduction of the Hayabusa 1500, a 1498cc version of their top-selling sportbike.

“Since its introduction in 1999 the Haaybusa has been the unquestioned king of sportbikes,” said Hal Jalikacek, product manager for Suzuki. “It became apparent to us that some other company wanted to upstage us with a 1400cc bike. That just would not fly. We need to place ourselves back on top.”

The new Hayabusa will be available in dealers in May and will have an MSRP of $12,450. Top speed will be production-limited at 186 mph which can actually be reached in fifth gear of its six-speed gearbox. The new Hayabusa is also available with an optional supercharger, boosting its power output to 570 hp. The Hayabusa 1500SC will have the highest output of any production motorcycle by a large margin.

In addition, Suzuki announced the Dragon, a new turn-key Pro Stock Dragbike based on the Hayabusa 1500 motor that will be available through dealers this fall. Priced at just under $45,000 the bike will feature a state-of-the-art EFI system, an enlarged 1655cc motor and will be legal for NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle class. The prototype test machine has run a corrected-altitude pass of 6.98 seconds in NHRA legal trim.

“You can now buy a complete turn-key dragbike at any Suzuki dealer and be competitive in the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle class,” said Jalikacek. “This is a serious motorcycle for serious competition. It was our intention to re-write the book and I feel confident that we have done so.”

Stay Tuned... More information to follow!!

Source: Dragbike Magazine

·
Registered
183 Posts
F*$& that bull S&%# ...suzuki...KISS MY A$$! lol

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha for anyone who didnt catch that...notice the ZX-14 similiar rear section on that pic above and the date is April Fools! :grin

·
Registered
54 Posts
It may be a joke... for now, but I'll bet it isn't far off the mark! I give Zuk til Sept to make a BIG announcement. The game is on between Kaw and Zuk now!

I don't know how much more powerful these things can get! The ZX-14 tries to tear me off the seat!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
570HP?? Like they would make a prodution bike and sell it to Joe Schmoe with that kind of balls? One of the local guys we ride with was talking about this and saying Suzuki this and Suzuki that.... it appeared to be just as much bull when he was talking about it. Thanks but no thanks... anyone can ride a Zuki, it takes Klass to ride a Kawi.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dealers don't care about rider skill level all they see are dollar signs when someone comes in and lays down the cash for a big dollar bike. Alot of dealers in my area don't even check for a motorcycle license where I'm from.
It all boils down to the almighty dollar!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
ZX9Racer said:
Dealers don't care about rider skill level all they see are dollar signs when someone comes in and lays down the cash for a big dollar bike. Alot of dealers in my area don't even check for a motorcycle license where I'm from.
It all boils down to the almighty dollar!!!!!
When I bought my Goldwing, I didn't have my license... They flat out told me that they didn't care!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I cant bad talk zuki cause I had one once and it was an ok bike. But every time I turn around now thats all I see. They are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I grew up w a suk always liked suk, but what i don't understand is why suk needs more ccs to nudge kawa and still suk gets handed from time to time. I'm relating to this 1500 suk rumor

·
Registered
18 Posts
That Busa 1500 is a Fake

You would have to be very high not to relize that the pic is a
fake. Some fool probably riding a scooter had too much time on
his hands. But they due have a 1400 I believe is real I'm not sure.
I can't post pics in here for some reason or another.

The Vak

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Fake Hyabusa Pic

I just relized that it was posted buy the guy that runs this site. No
disrespect or anything but just look at the front end and the lights
it's obvious its the 14. They could'nt even if they wanted to use those
designs or parts come on now lets use our heads lol..........

I can't post photos for some reason too bad
I have alot of un seen stuff....................

The vak

·
Registered
37 Posts
You dont need a License to buy a bike or any vehicle. Just need one to ride/drive it. I don't have a license and I bought many bikes and cars. Just register it in wifes name lol

Just because you don't have a license doesn't mean you cant "own" a vehicle

·
Registered
200 Posts
i'm w/ davemk2 on this one. my wife has a gsxr6 and i really like it, however, i would not trade my or any other zx6 for it. my next bike will be another ninja, but i do like the gsxr line (i just wish they weren't everywhere like previoulsy stated).

on the other hand, i can shit talk honda and yamaha all day long!

·
Registered
498 Posts
As i stated earlier, suzuki won't let Kawasaki rule.... they always want to be no 1. I don't know about you guys but i think that this is the most beautifully crafted bike that kawasaki ever produce. Waddaya think guys?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts