Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 zx-6r

I'm looking to get my suspensoin tweeked. I want it geared for the canyon riding that I do as well as everday riding to a from work. I'm weighing in at 165 lbs these days and am 5'8"/5'9" tall.

Does anyone have their suspension geared to anything like this and is about my height and weight? Or does anyone know where I can go to get the info I know. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'm 155lbs, and have got my suspension working much better than stock, which for me meant increasing preload on the front all the the way to the last line. i increaced the preload on the back substantially, too, not sure how many threads are showing, but both those adjustments helped a lot, along with setting my compression and rebound dampening to the Sportrider sugessted specs. its not perfect but its a start.

if i were to mess with gearing i'd make it taller, but its not that big of a deal to me. the bike has plenty of power everywhere. taller would take the edge off of first which would make entering and exiting first gear corners a little easier, but by no means necessary.

if your interested i'll dig out the issue of Sport Rider and give you the suggested settings. main thing for me was tightening up that preload, helps a bit with the tankslappers, too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Jafar! If you wouldnt mind digging up that issue, that would be great. I look forward to getting it.

Hey, have you worked your bikes Sag at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts