Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !
Could anybody advise on ZX12R suspension tuning so as to make it behave more like supersport than sport-turing (better cornering) ? I have played with settings quite a bit on mine, tried different brands of tyres as well but it sort of gives me that "about to lose traction, and/or oversteering" feeling, if leaned a bit more in corners. Speed around 40-50mph (60-80kmh). How often must fork oil must be replaced ? Should I replace stock fork springs with stiffer ones and/or rear suspension ? (i.e Ohlins ?) How about front end lowering about 1cm ? Will it do any good ?
You see, here in Greece we rarther have more corners than straight lines and asphalt quality isn't really the best there is, so better cornering ability, with no fear and uncertainity, would be well appreciated.
What oil brand and rating would you suggest for forks ?

I would really appreciate some advice since this is my only "complain" from the bike. If I could remedy that field too, then I will grow old with her !...
She 's a silver 2001 model.
As for tyres do you recommend PIRELLIs ? I hear they are amazing !
Should I change the 200 rear tyre for a 190 ?
What must I do ?

P.S I weight about 170lbs (86kilos).
Thanx !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Front fork: 4 lines showing on spring preload. Rebound damping 5 clicks from full stiff.Compression damping 5 clicks from full stiff.7mm fork tube above clip-on.

Rear shock: Preload stock.Rebound damping 6 clicks from full stiff;compression damping 7 clicks from full stiff.

These settings should be a good starting point for your weight. 190 rear tire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Works !!!

Thanks Norty, your recommendation settings seem to make things MUCH better ! I did it all except change rear tyre for 190. By the way what would be the exact size recommendation regarding height ratio ? (i.e 190/??-ZR17 TL??)
Also thanks ZXRacer ,great site !

Thanks all for help !

·
Registered
37 Posts
190/50 will be more stable and slower on turn in.
190/55 will make the bike turn-in faster,at the cost of high speed stability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts