Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the second owner of a 2007 zx6r that I bought in July. Yesterday I took off the tank and removed the air filter. To my surprise, the air box was full of corn! I'm guessing the previous owner or I had a squirrel or chipmunk storing its winter feed.

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
lold

yeah, not uncommon to find. Worse is when they chew their own entry/exit holes.

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
zing

· Administrator
57,861 Posts
I have no idea how anything got in there. The screen on the front of the air intake is in good shape. Initially I thought it may have been missing or chewed through.
Might want to check a parts diagram and see if there's a rubber sleeve of some sort between the intake screen and the air box. He had to chew through something to get in there.

· Registered
5,533 Posts
Might want to check a parts diagram and see if there's a rubber sleeve of some sort between the intake screen and the air box. He had to chew through something to get in there.
+1 I don't think they will fit past the screen in the ram air. I know field mice can squeeze through small stuff but hell the corn is almost as big as the holes

16,009 Posts
If the intake screen is intact and he didn't chew through the oil drain tube,
my guess is that he got in from one of the resonator chamber holes, under the intake, right above the front fender.
Either chewed through it or you lost one.
Are they removed? :dunno
I'd check it out.
The holes for the resonator chambers are about 1" and they pop out fairly easily.
That's more than enough room for a decent sized rodent to fit through.

· Registered
4,023 Posts
Wonder if that hampers performance? *snorts*
it might... but he is probably more concerned when his buddies made fun of the 6R sayin it sounded like a popcorn machine:crackup

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the intake screen is intact and he didn't chew through the oil drain tube,
my guess is that he got in from one of the resonator chamber holes, under the intake, right above the front fender.
Either chewed through it or you lost one.
Are they removed? :dunno
I'd check it out.
The holes for the resonator chambers are about 1" and they pop out fairly easily.
That's more than enough room for a decent sized rodent to fit through.
The resonator chamber is still there. I still can't find anything chewed. I hope to have some more time over the weekend to look at it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.