Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks....

recently bought a donor bike - came with a full manifold polished header and D&D exhaust system....

on my bike - i'm running a supertrapp slip on...

my question is this.... which is better?
I'm not too concerned about noise - afterall, people that DO hear you.... even if they don't see you, are more apt to pay attention.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
No question, the D&D.

I have two bikes with those nasty azz SuperTrapps and they've been nothing but menaces AND they require tuning at least once. Have you ever tried adding or removing discs to figure out if power was better. Way too complicated!

If you go with the D&D and a jet kit, you're set.

I mean, sure, throttle response on my carb'ed bikes are better than some EFI bikes, power is exceptional and the bikes effortlessly top out in 6th gear, they howl like a baritone blowtorch, MPG is 4% - 20% better than stock and upwards of 200% better than other comparably equipped bikes, but they make me appear unsociable. I'm not unsociable. It's just that with a range about twice that of most other bikes, I'm often left alone at the front waiting for others. I wish I had gone D&D in the first place, then I'd have more friends and my bikes wouldn't be SO DAMN different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts