Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went down to parker AZ, about 30 miles south of Lake Havasu. Crossed over the dam and the Colorado River and went on the California side to watch some burros and a baby too. I tried to get my bike in some of the pics.:rolleyes Yes, there's few pics. All with my cell phone.
Used my hydration backpack which was really nice not having to stop for a drink. Got home and the temp just hit 100*.
Got a quick video of a helicopter flying over and shows a bit of the river too.
The last pic is for lawlist and what the 14 can do in 3rd gear.:lol
slideshow

video

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they seem to be multipying rapidly in that area. Signs everywhere to use caution and not feed them. Not sure why that fence was there for the one pic with the baby burro. They were very skittish when I tried to get close and ran behind the fence.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
If 185 is EZ, what's 130? I'm guessing it's about one good hard sneeze you weren't expecting while puttering along at the speed limit.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Yes. You know, silly suggestions they put on signs by the road for the timid and underpowered.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Parker huh did you ever go up for the parker 400?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
No flash on iPhone, can't watch the slideshow. Boooo

·
18,914 Posts
Better ride your dirt bike then. The desert bar is 5 miles of gravel road into the desert.
I could do that to, I'm not exactly squeemish about getting dirty on two wheels :crazyloco. We have a place called crown king not too far away that is a great dirt bike trip.

·
18,914 Posts
How come the tachometer shows zero, and the gear reflects neutral?
he has a speedo healer with a top speed recall ... it's really tricky to snap a picture at 130:crazyloco

·
Registered
729 Posts
According to my chart, that would be about 10,600 RPM (on the 2012 model) -- right before red-line. I can't see myself ever getting up that high, but it sure is nice to see how fast the 14 can go in 3rd gear. I guess the upper gears are just for saving gas and taching at a lower RPM.

The photos depict a wonderful trip -- it looks like EZ really enjoyed himself -- the scenery is gorgeous!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts