Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good links or ideas for a lighter riding jacket that still provides good protection without feeling like a winter jacket?

· Registered
26 Posts
motorcyclegear.com, sportbiketrackgear.com, revzilla.com are all good have ordered from them in the past. I have all 3 mesh, textile, and leather. 90+ mesh I have a joerocket jacket just replaced the armour with CE approved. 60-70 is usually textile speed and strength is good and relatively inexpensive a;so replaced armour. 50 and below leather have a scorpion jacket that I bought for a steal from motorcyclegear. hope the helps.

· Premium Member
586 Posts
I have the First Gear Mesh Tex jacket which I use all the time during the hottest part of the Summer. It is 100% flow through mesh, has elbow and shoulder CE protectors and foam back pad. It also comes with a waterproof, non breathable, liner. I highly recommend it for our hot Texas summers.

· Registered
478 Posts
I would go with IOCON'S overlord type 1 jacket. It has lots of safety features and is vented really well. I have one and i love it. The only thing i hate is trying to get the bugs off of a mesh jacket. It has the molded shoulder Armour and it is beefed up from the original design. Icon external injected plastic protection on shoulders, elbows and back (these features are not Incorporated into the original designs of there mesh jackets. Here is a link to the one i bought. http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/58710-summer-jackets.html

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Stillmackn, Do you know a little town called Aransass Pass? I was born there way way back in 1959. Left when i was just 6 years old. I still have a ton of realtives down there and some even in the Corpus Christi area.

· Registered
478 Posts
Race trailer

It is actually a trailer. I have built it to be a race\track day portable garage\shop. It is fully wired with electrical outlets and built in airline piping and a compressor and a generator. It also has a full compliment of tools and flooring i just got installed.

Right now the wheels are off it and it is bolted to the ground and turned around backwards with a tongue lock so it cannot be stolen. I have 6 bikes and only 4 fit in the trailer.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stillmackn, Do you know a little town called Aransass Pass? I was born there way way back in 1959. Left when i was just 6 years old. I still have a ton of realtives down there and some even in the Corpus Christi area.
Sure do! Did a 4 hour ride last weekend, part of which involved riding through aransas pass, and all of us loading our bikes on the ferry and going across the pass...was lots of fun!

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Sure do! Did a 4 hour ride last weekend, part of which involved riding through aransas pass, and all of us loading our bikes on the ferry and going across the pass...was lots of fun!
Cool. I haven't been back since Xmas '72. If you run into anybody with last name Shedd, they just could be related to me:smile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.