Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after nearly 5 days of living on my pc trying to find a 03 zx9 tail ive given up the search... The more I looked the more I thought "shit I hope I never have to do this again". Considering I do take my bikes to the track every chance I get, theres a good chafe id hace to replace it sooner or later. Plus tho I may not like the looks the grab bars would be nice in some cases. Ive considered modifying my current subframe to take the older tails but at that point if the old subframe bolts up id rather just buy one. So my question now is will a 98-01 subframe bolt up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
have you searched the uk ebay, i know where theres a subframe for an f lying in a garden in the uk, not sure if its damaged or if the owner would ship to the states

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
F model 2002/2003 Tail Fairing

Just keep looking. There are a ton of 9s in Europe and I have seen the F series tailpiece on the U.S. eBay, so be patient and keep trying. You can have eBay notify you if you save a search that would turn such an item up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im dieing to get riding again , plus theres a benefit ride for my buddy at the end of next month that I cant miss. Ill still look for the correct tail but in the mean tine will the 98-01 subframe bolt up and are the tails the same?

·
Registered
11 Posts
e subframe will fit an f, but you will need the plastics, passenger seat(the f is a different fitting)and possibly the undertray.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The seat isnt to big of a deal , my girl dosent ride with me yet. Still working on that... Under tray i have , came with my wrong tail fitting tail lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks dingus , when I first looked at them it didnt seem they offered single fairings. $200 for a new tail shipped isnt bad tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts