Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(06 6RR) I unbolted myt muffler under my seat, and put a chrome tip on it so it didn't melt everything under me seat and so it looked a little more apealing. It's loud as hell and probably annoying sometimes to some people, but I'm pretty curtious of my neihbors.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ya that would really lean out your air-fuel mixture possibly cooking your valves like matttttador said and rob power if there isn't enough back preasure. Please post some pics tho, wouldn't mind seeing what you've done:evil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This is what it looked like a week after i bought it. I'll post some more pics soon. I like it a lot.Only a few more things i really wanna do to it, but they're pretty costly, so they have to wait.

Also, the bike has ran fine ( as far as I know. ) aside from running really lean, taking of the muffler hasn't hurt it. I lost all my low end and some mid-range power. But a K&N air filter helpped bring back some low end.

All of a sudden though, the bike started running like shit. It sat outside, uncovered, through an ice storm for about 2 days. Once it thawed out, i took it for a drive, and couldn't rev past about 8 grand. Its been like this for aroind a month now. I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. I'm gonna pull of the exhaust header and make sure there's no blockage in there. It's not leaking anything externally. There was and still is radiator fluid. The F.I. light is on, but it has been since i took off the exhaust, so I don't think that's part of the problem. Anybody got any ideas on what could be wrong?

·
Registered
92 Posts
check all your connections, maybe some water got in there somewhere and causeing your ECU not to work properly. That would be my only guess on what the storm could of done. Other than that im thinkin that if it was running really lean then maybe you did cook your valves:banghead ...that and/or the air/fuel mixture is just to lean to ignite properly over 8k. My suggestion, put the stock pipe back on if you still got it, make sure u have the exhaust vale in the pipe hooked up (that would be the reason for your FI light being on unless there is something else wrong) and see if it runs any better. Hope its nothing to serious:eek:hno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts