Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stoner looked very strong this past weekend on the Ducati... He just ran away with it. If that bike runs like that all seaason he is going to be hard to beat. It's not just the bike, he seems in tip top shape too!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Keep in mind though...that all the tracks stoner has won at have been pretty open tracks....not to technical with long straights which is where the ducatis strong point is at. I would like to see him take it this year although im secretly shooting for Hayden haha. But we will see what happens.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think Hayden has a chance this year. The smaller engine just doesn't seem to suit him. Pedrosa seems to be doing pretty well though. You can never count out Rossi but i gotta say that Stoner is riding great!!! There are plenty of races left so I guess we'll see how it shakes out!!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah Hayden is out of the running. I wish Kawi would podium at somepoint damnit.......De puniet did alright this weekend though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It seems like Rossi is the one that actually now cracks under the pressure!

I think Stoner has surprised everyone with his maturity and style. I really hope he keeps a level head, and with the points advantage he has now, he can afford to select the tracks and settle for second every now and again. If he plays it well, he can def.take it. Just hope he stays on and don't get hurt.

I think the Ducati has the handling and together with the Bridgestones, I don't think we have seen the best of Stoner yet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Keep in mind though...that all the tracks stoner has won at have been pretty open tracks....not to technical with long straights which is where the ducatis strong point is at. I would like to see him take it this year although im secretly shooting for Hayden haha. But we will see what happens.
Exactly. Not to take anything away from Stoner and Ducati, but Rossi was on a CLEARLY inferior machine bhp wise, and still pushed Stoner much of the race. Rossi was pulling every trick in the book to crack Stoner's concentration and to make up for his weaker bike. Most of the courses here on out are "ground courses" that are technical. Take away monster straights, and Stoner looses his advantage to Rossi's superior skill.

Hayden? I like the guy. He's really nice. I met him IRL and took some pics with him at Freddie Spencer School. And he is also very skilled. But as for him having a shot this year? Not even close. He has not come close to mastering the 800 class bike yet. Not enough power for his style and the front end is not to his liking.

It seems like Rossi is the one that actually now cracks under the pressure!

I think Stoner has surprised everyone with his maturity and style. I really hope he keeps a level head, and with the points advantage he has now, he can afford to select the tracks and settle for second every now and again. If he plays it well, he can def.take it. Just hope he stays on and don't get hurt.

I think the Ducati has the handling and together with the Bridgestones, I don't think we have seen the best of Stoner yet.
No, I dont think Rossi was cracking. He was getting passed like he was on a Moto250 on those straights. He had to use everything he had to force Stoner to make an error and capitalize on it. Now, I agree it showed Stoner's maturity by NOT slipping up with the Doctor trying to work you over psychologically, but that in no way means Rossi is slipping. How many times did Rossi simply retake the lead by out breaking, out turning Stoner? Several, only to loose on the straight via Ducati's brute force.

In fact, did you see him run off the track and fall to third? And yet he dispatched Hopper as if he wasn't even a factor and quickly retook 2nd. Thus, he is able to push SO hard to try to crack Stoner that it didn't even matter that he lost a position over it, because he knew he could easily take it back.

Rossi is without a riding equal in the motorcycling world. Love him, hate him or indifferent about him, it's simply a truism. Again, I'm not bashing Stoner. I like the kid. I think he is gifted, skilled, mature and wonderfully paired with that Ducati. But he does not (yet?) possess the riding skill and prowess of Rossi. Even on that inferior Yami power plant, Rossi has a win under his belt on a more technical track. Take away those monster straights, and I doubt Stoner will out ride Rossi.

/.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts