Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just waxed the bike today and my stomp grips came. Do I need to windex the tank to get rid of some of the slipperyness?

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
IMO You'd wanna use something to strip all your hard work waxing it off, then use some rubbing alcohol to clean off anything else left behind from your other cleaners.

That way your grips have a clean dry surface to promote adhesion. Don't want them coming loose.

I see it as like trying to put a sticker on something you just wiped with oil.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats kinda what I was thinking

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rubbing alcohol for sure... then a neat little trick someone passed on to me was to apply the stomp grip, use a tennis ball to roll it out/press it on. Works excellent.
Thanks for that little trick though my golden retriever will be upset until I get done. Freakin dog sleeps with a ball in her mouth.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
IMO You'd wanna use something to strip all your hard work waxing it off, then use some rubbing alcohol to clean off anything else left behind from your other cleaners.

That way your grips have a clean dry surface to promote adhesion. Don't want them coming loose.

I see it as like trying to put a sticker on something you just wiped with oil.
What he said. ^

You could also try Wax & Tar remover, comes in a aerosol can and can be found at Autozone, etc. Should work perfectly. It's whit I use to remove wax, dirt and road grime prior to auto body work.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Thanks for that little trick though my golden retriever will be upset until I get done. Freakin dog sleeps with a ball in her mouth.
I'm going to go ahead and suggest using a new, non drool soaked tennis ball.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the instructions when I opened them :banghead. First thing it says is not to treat it like a sticker. Also to heat the tank and the grip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts