Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, whats going on fellas & ladies? Well I took my bike to road atlanta race track over the weekend and i got a better feel of the bike. What have you guys done about the head shake you get from the front end at high speeds or hitting the throttle hard in 2nd gear. The ohlins that came with the bike is garbage.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Drain the oil in it and go with a thicker oil,it will slow down the rebound.
I was also told,if that doesn't do the trick,take it apart and plug 2 of the 4 holes in the piston and that will slow down the rebound also.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think he was talking about the steering damper on the 10. Yes, I agree, the standard steering damper doesn't do the job right, and yes, you can strip it and put a thicker oil in the damper. There are various threads that explain how to do it.

We have done two track days with ours, and my son just ride it through the headshake under heavy acceleration, but it does take some getting used to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yep it happened to me just an hour ago on the way home from work :eek:hno...but I had my Ohlins set on softer setting forgot to set it to the hardest setting.. tankslapper wasn't as bad as on my CBR 954 RR before the Scotts steering Damper was installed man I almost shit my pants too...:lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
most likely i'll send it off for service or i'll just buy a gpr. I gotten use to it but, on that track when you really get into it. It is crazy how much head shake you get and you have to let off the gas a lil and then get back into it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
most likely i'll send it off for service or i'll just buy a gpr. I gotten use to it but, on that track when you really get into it. It is crazy how much head shake you get and you have to let off the gas a lil and then get back into it.
you can try this latest model just release from OHLINS:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts