Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking arund online and found many different dampers for my bike.... I have an 06 Zx6R/636. Which do you all perfer GPR, or Scots.. Also, do they make them year secific, because it seems like there interchangable... please let me know..

·
Registered
103 Posts
I perfer GPR better cause you can choose the color, but i think scotts come in gold so would match the rest of your bike regardless. Probably not much of a difference between the two. There both quality companies.

Also, there year dependent. Was lookin at the GPR website, seems to be every model change, so you lookin for an 05-06

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kawasaki.com offers the Ohlins so I imagine they are pretty good because that's the only damper they offer for their bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Max from Traxxion Dynamics goes over steering dampers and their internal workings in his suspension for mortals classes.

He claims the ohlins design is superior to the top mounted Scott's, GPR designs.

Something to do with valving, air and temp changes.

This being said I have had both the ohlins and Scott's on my bikes and I was not disappointed by either.

One factor I would consider is how often you pop the tank as some designs are easier to remove than others to allow tank access.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can't go wrong with Ohlins as they make great products with good support.

If I had my choice I would go Ohlins liner without a doubt.

But it comes down to what you like and your budget. Any one is better than none.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts