Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they worth the purchase? Are they a easy install?
Just wondering how much they would really be worth getting for a bike.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It depends on what bike we are talking about here.

For an 07 6R, yes, it's worth it, and yes, they are a very easy install. For an 05-06, not as necessary, and some are hard to install due to needing "light" welding done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worth every penny for my 03 636. GPR is the way to go, easy install and works great!
Really. I run a 04 636. I will look into the GPR. Thanks for all the help guys.
Hey mbailey how easy is easy. No drilling or welding or anything? Was it a straight install.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends on what bike we are talking about here.

For an 07 6R, yes, it's worth it, and yes, they are a very easy install. For an 05-06, not as necessary, and some are hard to install due to needing "light" welding done.
Why would it matter on what bike it is I mean its going to help out no matter what right.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
ya, not bad to instal, and are worth it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really. I run a 04 636. I will look into the GPR. Thanks for all the help guys.
Hey mbailey how easy is easy. No drilling or welding or anything? Was it a straight install.
Very easy no drilling. Uses factory hole for the gas tank. Took about 7 minutes. GPR is the way to go, look around, I got mine for $350 shipped. It is a very needed upgrade for our bikes. Much more confident banging the gears in turns without the head shake..... Good luck!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why would it matter on what bike it is I mean its going to help out no matter what right.
The benefit you will derive relates to steering geometry.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of the steering damper? Excuse my noobieNESS. I assume it helps steering:rotflmao
A steering damper damps unwanted steering inputs, such as from bumps in the road, and it helps to stop unwanted handlebar motion such as tankslappers from occurring.

·
Registered
649 Posts
How about a SCOTTS vs. the GPR??? Any input or real world experience with this. I've heard many good things about the SCOTTS Damper for $50 more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
can't really comment on your question...however, when I purchased it a little less than a year ago, got a great price on it...so I went with the GPR and have loved it ever since...hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts