Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put a Scotts steering damper on a ZX11C? Scotts offers one for the D model but have not seen anything for the C. Wondering if the D damper will work on the C? Only a small amont of headshake @ 50 MPH and only once in a while without hands on the wheel but I'm not the type to let a few bucks wreck my ride and like everything to be as smooth and stable as possible.

Any info would be cool, thanks Erik.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Erik, ZX11 is so stable that a steering damper is not really needed. Unless you modified it to make it much more quicker to steering input, I never heard about a ZX11 needing one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey Claude, Would tire wear make the thing do what I'm explaining? I mean, You can tell that I just ride for fun and Im not going to be racing ANYONE. I get this small amout of headshake if I take my hands off the bars which isn't a huge deal but one time it shook pretty good. Tire wear? 3000 miles on the front with my weenie riding?

On another note, I am the fellow who won your auction for the zx 11 brake calipers. Got pads today for them and will send out a mony order Monday to you. Thanks Erik.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
...I get this small amout of headshake if I take my hands off the bars which isn't a huge deal but one time it shook pretty good. Tire wear? 3000 miles on the front with my weenie riding?
Let me guess... it happens with no hand on the bar, when slowing down and at about 40 mph. This is pretty normal. A "cure" is as simple as to leave the hands on the bars...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Check for cupping on the tire. If there is any signs of this type of wear that is likely to be your culprit. Had the same issue on one of my older bikes and that was the problem. Too many wheelies!!!!:crazyloco

·
Registered
85 Posts
Erik..I put a steering dampner on mine..it was a original one off a 72-h2..I milled out brackets for it and walla..sure looks pretty and works very well..but as Claude said..useless..I agree..except for cosmetics..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Every bike I've ever had did that once the front tire was getting worn. At only 3000 miles though I'd suspect balance anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts