Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find a steering damper anywhere for my 07 zx6r.......has anyone put one on there bike yet? Can't anyone help me with one that is compatible with my year plz help......

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am also looking to fit one on my 6R! Have checked out the one on the 10R and it seem like you only need to make up a bracket that will fit into the slot of the R.H. fork in the triple clamp.
I know a lot of guys are throwing their dampers off the 10R and replace them with something else. Try to see if you can get hold of one of them, and get a fabricator to make up a bracket for you!
Here by us I can't find someone that want to part with their 10R's though.
The bracket that mount on the front of the fuel tank seem as if it will fit just like that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ohlins, Scotts, and GPR all have products available.

The Ohlins is running about $500, the Scotts, $410, and the GPR, $360...More than that you're getting ripped off. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres a local shop around my called team machine and i just stopped in and asked them about the gpr damper.....they said about 450 and i dont think that price is installed.....do you have a website i can order the gpr from and is it for 07 or does the 06 match up????

·
Registered
234 Posts
theres a local shop around my called team machine and i just stopped in and asked them about the gpr damper.....they said about 450 and i dont think that price is installed.....do you have a website i can order the gpr from and is it for 07 or does the 06 match up????
Installed? It's like, 2 bolts and 2 screws, there's nothing to it. This bike is MEANT to have a steering damper. There's no welding or anything required. If you know how to use a screwdriver you can CERTAINLY install a damper yourself.

The prices I gave were based on Motomummy and Advanced Kawasaki. Talk to either of them and they'll hook you up. Also Hard Racing has very competitive prices on Ohlins gear (shocks, forks, dampers, everything).

Here's the Scotts installed from the Scotts website:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the Scott's on my 07 6r and it was about a 10 minute job. You just need the right tools. A 36mm socket or wrench to remove the steering nut, a 32mm socket to install the new steering nut supplied with the kit and a 6mm allen wrench.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats great.......i didn't know it was that easy to install..........i'm going to cancun next week and when i get back i'm gonna save up a few bucks and get one.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ohlins all the way.
curious why u picked the ohlins over the other two dampers. Do you think spending the extra money on the ohlins is worth it. Do they all work the same? Curious if anyone has advice which one to get for the money because everyone tells me "a damper is a damper they all do the same. " Is this true? trying to budget a little but 500 for a ohlins is a lot comparing 360 for gpr and like 410 for the scotts. Let me know what you all think:crazyloco

·
Registered
234 Posts
They do not work the same. The Ohlins is a linear shaft damper while the Scotts and GPR are rotary dampers.

I have heard that there's a good comparo of the different types at Traxxion Dynamic's site but I've not been able to locate it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They do not work the same. The Ohlins is a linear shaft damper while the Scotts and GPR are rotary dampers.

I have heard that there's a good comparo of the different types at Traxxion Dynamic's site but I've not been able to locate it.

I tired finding anything on their website, but had no luck. Maybe I just suck at searching though lol. Im trying to figure out which to go w/ as well. All my buddies have the ohlins and love it. I seem to understand the linear more so then the rotary, but havent counted out the scotts yet.

Im trying to find pros and cons of both...anyone have any?

·
Registered
78 Posts
In Max's traxxion video he goes over damper design.

The Ohlins liner style won hands down due to it's design and internals.

Both will work but the Ohlins is better.

I had one on my gixxer and loved it. O issue over a 3 year period.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, so I realize that this thread is over 8YO, but I'm looking for a cost-effective (read cheap) steering damper for my 07 ZX6 and figured this would be as good an idea as starting a new thread, as this one has some vendors listed already.

Aside from the aforementioned aftermarket vendors, are there any stock steering dampers that can be retrofitted cheaply (e.g. < $100 US) to work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, so I realize that this thread is over 8YO, but I'm looking for a cost-effective (read cheap) steering damper for my 07 ZX6 and figured this would be as good an idea as starting a new thread, as this one has some vendors listed already.

Aside from the aforementioned aftermarket vendors, are there any stock steering dampers that can be retrofitted cheaply (e.g. < $100 US) to work?
If you go to the Ohlins site, they are crazy expensive. i just picked up an ohlins on ebay for a hundred dollars. I believe you can get them serviced as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts