1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Steeler QB Injured Without Helmet
6/12/2006
By JC Hilderbrand

The Pittsburg Steelers' star quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident earlier today. Big Ben was apparently too big to strap on a helmet and busted his naked noggin, interesting given he wears one every day for his regular job.

At 24-years-old, Roethlisberger has one Super Bowl championship and will hopefully be capable of picking up a few more when he recovers from being in serious condition at Mercy Hospital. His injuries include a broken jaw, but reports have it that a pool of Big-Ben blood stained the scene for hours after the accident. Motorcycle helmets are optional according to Pennsylvania state law.

The Steelers' play-caller and his Hayabusa reportedly met unexpectedly with a silver Chrysler New Yorker at around 11:30 a.m. He was talking to doctors before going into surgery and was coherent. Roethlisberger has ignored past warnings from his coaches and others on the dangers of not wearing a helmet.

The offices of Racer X Illustrated will certainly be empty earlier than usual this week as our fellow moto-journalists raise some frosty get-well brews for their fallen hero.

For a look at his damaged Hayabusa and the actual crash scene, check out this link to Fox Sports.com.

Source: Motorcycle-USA

·
Registered
79 Posts
I herd that it was a left turn by the car. Driver said they did not see him. I also herd that he was within the speed limit. To bad Big Ben did not realize that if the NFL requires a helmet is on the field it is an absolute must on the street.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
time and time again it gets said... it's not the rider, but the other people on the road. That's why we wear this gear.

I guess looking cool was better than being protected.

·
Registered
199 Posts
just proves that being a football star doesn't make you intelligent. The idiot got what he deserved as far as his very vocal position of not wearing a helmet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts