Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liad down my bike and the stator has a light crack in it and was wondering if this can be repaired. A guy i met told me that its repairable but i would have get it repaired at some kind of machien shop or something like that. If anyone can help me with this please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I believe so. Like you, I too have a stator cover with a hairline crack in it, big enough for oil to flow through, but small enough that it could be repaired. If and when I have it repaired, I will take it to a local weld shop for a TIG weld. Doubt it will be more than $30 to repair, but I think that's fair for having a spare cover for later.

Let me know what you end up doing, in case I'm waaaaay off. :evil

·
Registered
18 Posts
So can use certain pastes which harder and sand them back which is much cheaper. i have seen this done before but personally dont like it. normally id just say go get a new shiny one! :p

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I liad down my bike and the stator has a light crack in it and was wondering if this can be repaired. A guy i met told me that its repairable but i would have get it repaired at some kind of machien shop or something like that. If anyone can help me with this please let me know. Thanks
You're welcome! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah cast aluminum which is most likely what the stator cover is or a aluminum magnesium alloy..there certain rods for this to be welded..I would take it to a welding shop one who does lots of aluminum work and see what they quote..my bike came with what I discovered later...jb welded and texture painted to cover up the the crack..hell it looked and performed fine..but since my rebuild I baught a new stator cover ..hopefully you know a good welder!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts