Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i bought this bike back in june and previous owner stated he changed stator and rectifier with his friend and himself. So within it idling for 1 minute i seen it drip 3 drops of oil from the bottom right bolt hole of the stator cover. So i ordered a new gasket and some grey permatex and removed the stator cover slowly and evenly a little at a time and all old silicone the previous owner had put it on both sides of the stator cover gasket and it was a gritty consistency so i removed it all with plastic razorblade and scothbrite scuff pad and brake cleaner. I put a dab of silicone where the 2 halves of the crankcase meet and where the rubber grommet for the stator wires were and torqued it back down to 104 inch pounds in a star pattern. I then waited 26 hours and took it for a ride into town and back to see it is still leaking in the same bottom right bolt so im wondering what i could have done wrong or what my next step may be. Thanks

· Registered
514 Posts
Two things spring to mind.
  1. The Cover has a hair line crack that opens up when the Engine gets warm allowing oil to escape.
  2. You didn't remove the Rubber Wiring Block that sits in the recess in the cover, Clean it thorougly with Brake cleaner and apply sealer all around it before fitting it back into the recess.
Everything else you said was carried out sounds good.

· Banned
4 Posts
Gaskets are a type of seal that is commonly used in mechanical equipment. Gaskets are often made out of rubber, plastic, and metal. There are many different types of gaskets, including O-ring, compression ring, RTV silicone, and spring washers. Gaskets help prevent leaks and protect components from damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts